Home

What is your playstyle like in Association?

This is a discussion on What is your playstyle like in Association? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What is your playstyle like in Association?

Everyone seems to play Association Mode differently. I am just curious as to how everyone here plays. I usually play one game a week, with 82 games, and 12 minute quarters. Another way I play is by controlling one position for the whole game (controller settings) and this too, I play with 82 games, and I play one game a week. I play one D-League game every two weeks. I usually also choose a team that needs rebuilding, and ditch most of the older players, in favor of potential.

I am just curious as to how everyone plays their association mode, since it can be played so many ways.

(Fun Fact: hard to name this thread, since "How do you play Association Mode?" would have sounded stupid.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: What is your playstyle like in Association?

i do 29 game seasons, i usually simulate 4 or 5 games a season. quarter length for played and simulated games is set at 10 minutes. for playoffs i do best of 3, then best of 5 then the last 2 rounds are best of 7.

i either pick a team to rebuild or do a fantasy draft. i dont play d-league games though i do use the d-league to send players up or down. i dont have any weird play one game a week thing.... i play when i want to, which usually is every day.

i always control the entire team and i usually build my teams with a mix of youth and experience and a mix of dynamic offensive players with solid defenders and rebounders. every player on my teams has a purpose and a role to fulfill.

Last edited by tetoleetd; 01-12-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
Rookie

Preo32's Arena

OVR: 4

82 game season, 10 min quarters when I play. When I go back to school tomorrow Im going to start an association up. I plan on playing roughly 6 to 8 games a month, so that I can get better at it and see who I really like and do not like. My favorite team is the Raptors so I will use them. Ill instantly trade Arron Gray away for a 2nd rounder wherever i can get that. Then Ill probably trade Kleiza for a pick to clear some cap space and the clogging at SF.

I plan on trading Gary Forbes as well for a SF. If I cannot find one suitable without giving up too much, Ill sign a free agent to start and either trade Forbes for a pick or send him to the D-League.

Unfortuently I have Valanciunas on the roster for the year, who I have to put in the D-League to clear roster space, but that takes away a spot of who I can send down. Typically Ive sent down Solomon Alabi, but I like his height and defensive ability, and I think Ill keep him to be the backup center. I usually dont play Magloire much and he'll probably just ride the pine.

I want to sign 3 to 4 free agents to fill out the roster + reserves, just because there are free agents I like that arent great but I do want to see how they play in the game
Old 01-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13

I like to play 2 games, the sim 2. That way I only play 41 games per season, and I can here the commentary from the game I played.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
Rookie

Boss Rousseau's Arena

OVR: 0

Play 1/Sim 1 but i play all big matchups like CHI, MIA, ORL, the big teams out west.. so if i get a stretch of those I'll play 3 then sim 3 or so
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I play 1 game then sim 2. I do pick one team that I then pick one team in my division and play every game against them. For instance. With my T-wolves season I played the trailblazers and crawford hit a 3 at the buzzer to win by 1. I played them really close and felt like I should have won. So that was the team I played every game against. All 4 games were decided by 1 point. We tied the series 2-2
Old 01-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 19

I used to do 29 game seasons. di the 58 a few times. tried the 82 once or twice in the past
but now I do the 14 game seasons, just so I can get real deep into my association.
I usually play every game until Im either eliminated from playoff contention or until I have seed locked up. then I'll sim the rest of the season games.

the 14 game seasn has an NFL feel to it. as in once you get around 7 games in. every game form there really counts. by the 10th game youll have about 6 teams fighting for the last 2 spots of the playoffs.
I find myslef paying attention to all the other scores/game outcomes now.

Last edited by tril; 01-12-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
i do 29 game seasons, i usually simulate 4 or 5 games a season. quarter length for played and simulated games is set at 10 minutes. for playoffs i do best of 3, then best of 5 then the last 2 rounds are best of 7.

i either pick a team to rebuild or do a fantasy draft. i dont play d-league games though i do use the d-league to send players up or down. i dont have any weird play one game a week thing.... i play when i want to, which usually is every day.

i always control the entire team and i usually build my teams with a mix of youth and experience and a mix of dynamic offensive players with solid defenders and rebounders. every player on my teams has a purpose and a role to fulfill.
He means he plays one game per week in his season not every real week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »