Home

Pick and Pop - Is it possible in 2k12?

This is a discussion on Pick and Pop - Is it possible in 2k12? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Pick and Pop - Is it possible in 2k12?

As the tittle says, I'm frustrated with the pick and pop this year. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems it's almost impossible to do a pick and pop, I play as the blazers and for some reason when I pass the ball to Aldridge in a p&p situation (after pressing and holding LB) he always either goes to the rim with heavy traffic or steps behind the 3pt line before receiving the ball. It's really frustrating because I feel like I'm losing one of Aldridge's biggest strengths. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but if this is glitched or something just tell me so I won't bother losing any more time trying this.

Any tips or plays would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Pick and Pop - Is it possible in 2k12?

Answered you in the other thread, also check out Da czar's pick and roll control strategy session video.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Answered you in the other thread, also check out Da czar's pick and roll control strategy session video.
Thanks, but that is not the problem. I know the controls to do it, the problem is when I pass the ball to an open LaMarcus Aldridge for the mid range after a pick and pop, 99% of the times he kinda slides to the 3pt line or to the rim when I pass him the ball instead of staying at the spot for the mid range.

I'm going to try to upload a video to show you my problem
Old 01-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingg d
Thanks, but that is not the problem. I know the controls to do it, the problem is when I pass the ball to an open LaMarcus Aldridge for the mid range after a pick and pop, 99% of the times he kinda slides to the 3pt line or to the rim when I pass him the ball instead of staying at the spot for the mid range.

I'm going to try to upload a video to show you my problem
Are you lead passing? I had this same problem when I was lead passing but I started to just press the A button and now its a perfect pick n pop. Try using A and not icon passing...
Old 01-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

Well that fixes your cutting problem at least. The other problem is lack of spacing inside the arch. But you can try this. Get your ball handler up to the 3 pt line so that your defender and the pick man are inside the arch. The problem then is there isn't a lot of space, and it may still be tough to get off an open jumper
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
Almighty 2k Paper Champ

richmo's Arena

OVR: 15

Yeah, I think spacing took a step back this year IMO. I think it would be cool though if next year they found a way to use the individual Spot Up tendencies to correlate to if they roll out behind the line or for a mid-range J.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Are you lead passing? I had this same problem when I was lead passing but I started to just press the A button and now its a perfect pick n pop. Try using A and not icon passing...
Yeah, I always use icon passing, if I use the A button the the pass goes to the wrong player most times. I'm going to try to disable icon lead passing then. Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Well that fixes your cutting problem at least. The other problem is lack of spacing inside the arch. But you can try this. Get your ball handler up to the 3 pt line so that your defender and the pick man are inside the arch. The problem then is there isn't a lot of space, and it may still be tough to get off an open jumper
True, it seems like there isn't much space to do it, the court seems way smaller than a real life one, or the players too big.

I'm starting to think that pick and pop is a waste of time in 2k12.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #8
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

If you run a good set play for PnP or Fade (there are only 5-6 good ones in the entire game) then it works fine. The problem is that there isn't much of a selection and most teams don't have one of those good plays in the default playbooks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »