Home

newbie-which team??

This is a discussion on newbie-which team?? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
newbie-which team??

hi guys i recently bought nba 2k12 after playing the demo ,im not a massive nba fan but thought alot of the game to buy it.i was wondering which team shall i use for the franchise mode .i dont want to be one of better teams like heat lakers bulls but one i could build after few season and more of a challenge, thanks in advance for your thoughts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: newbie-which team??

T-Wolves come to mind right off the top.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
T-Wolves come to mind right off the top.
Timberwolves are already rebuilt. All you have to do with them is play and watch them develop. Raptors and Pistons need rebuilding help. Bobcats and Cavs to some extent as well but those two already have key rebuilding pieces in place.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Pistons for sure. Lots of bad contracts and mediocre players.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Pluggin my hometown team but they might be what you're looking for.

If you don't want to worry about making many changes, the 76ers are an up and coming team. They have a star (not really a superstar) in Andre Iguodala (at least in the game, I won't bore you with my real life opinion of him ) who is good at literally everything. He can play SF, SG, even PG if need be and has good defensive skills as well as good shooting skills from all over.

The rest of the team is a bunch of young guys with good-great potential. Jrue Holiday is a good PG, Evan Turner is an A- SG prospect, Spencer Hawes is a good young center, Lou Williams is a great 6th man, etc. The team is pretty much ready to go and can be a contender in a season or two if you just let them develop. You could probably make the playoffs your first season if you play well. Realize that you need to play like they do IRL, move the ball a lot and don't just rely on Iggy to score everything. They work best when the starters all have 10-20 points and the #6, #7, and even #8 guy can sometimes have 10-15+. Also a GREAT defensive team.

You could make a few changes if you want. I'm toying with the idea of trading Iggy for a lower rated SF/SG and some draft picks since he has a big contract and doesn't really fit my play style all that much (rumors of a trade IRL surfaced at the end of last season, he tends to take the team down in flames if he scores a lot since he also always seems to miss key shots).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #6
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Lolwut . . . man it's your game. Explore the possibilities within your own game. Rebuild any team you want. You don't like the way it plays out. . . rebuild another team.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

thanks guys for you replies ,redman my knowledge is very limited was just curious to see what peoples general idea of a good franchise to play with,
this is a forum u know thank you for your input
Old 01-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

If you're new, the game is going to be a challenge enough for you without needing to "rebuild" for a challenge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »