Home

FIFA 12 DIFFICULTIES SHOULD BE SCRAPPED

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 DIFFICULTIES SHOULD BE SCRAPPED within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
FIFA 12 DIFFICULTIES SHOULD BE SCRAPPED

Ok heres my reasoning , after numerous tries i beat barcelona on legendary. But then as i played more and more lower teams i realised that almost all of them play as though they are Barcelona on legendary.

Possession football, accurate passes, super timed tackles and interceptions. For a sim game this is the farthest you could get from sim. IMO EA should give us an option where the difficulty of a team should is based on the quality of their players and not what difficulty you set it on.

I shouldn't be able to weave past Barcelona on lower difficulties and Crystal Palace have no right keeping 60% possession against Man utd. Also this would make career mode alot more interesting because you wouldnt be able to beat every team once you master a difficulty.

I say they should give us an option and not change it entirely because i understand that then weaker players would still be able to enjoy the game beating big teams.

But for me i want Barcelona/Real madrid/Man utd to play like legendary and Crystal Palace, Zaragoza, Wigan to play like Professional or lower.

I want you guys opinion on how this could be implemented
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
Rookie

LiberNull's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 12 DIFFICULTIES SHOULD BE SCRAPPED

What sliders and controls (assisted/semi/manual) settings are you using ?
Old 01-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 18

First off I am not real good and this is the first year I am still playing any soccer/footie game this long past release so that says something about the quality of this game.
Some people complain that even on Legendary it is till too easy to dribble past the opposition. Well just don't play like that. They don't play like that IRL.
Play full manual Legendary turn up your passing and shot error sliders and turn down the CPU error for both.
Turn your acceleration under the CPU. See if this helps.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Some people complain that even on Legendary it is till too easy to dribble past the opposition. Well just don't play like that.
The problem isn't that dribbling is too easy, the problem is the CPU is too passive. It's an issue wih the default programming and gameplay settings that's easily remedied. Both sliders and CCTs completely fix all the various gameplay problems you and the OP are pointing out. Create custom tactics and adjust the way different CPU teams play; raise CPU defensive pressure so that you can't just dribble thru the entire CPU team; and use the sliders -- speed and accel specifically -- to customize the difficulty level to whatever works for you.

In essence the sliders cancel out the difficulty levels this year anyway. I normally play FIFA on Pro difficulty. But this year, with just a few slider adjustments, I'm having challenging and fair games on Legendary.

Last edited by peigone; 01-05-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Hey peigone - what slider set are you using? I saw you are using krebstar's CTT as well as me, but as of now I'm just using sliders of my own as I go along. Really like the attacking play of FIFA, just not getting the right CPU attacking the other way and I think I'm getting closer and closer to really enjoying FIFA again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 03:13 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

you really need to stop these bs posts that are useless. You dont want it to be hard dont play on legendary period. It's really that simple, no need to make post like this because you suck at the game
Old 01-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Hey peigone - what slider set are you using? I saw you are using krebstar's CTT as well as me, but as of now I'm just using sliders of my own as I go along. Really like the attacking play of FIFA, just not getting the right CPU attacking the other way and I think I'm getting closer and closer to really enjoying FIFA again
Hey ronaldo, I'm using my own CCTs and slider tweaks. So your problem is the CPU doesn't attack the way you want it to, is that it? A couple of things: really max out the CCT settings to see a real difference in attacking behaviour. Set a particular team's Build Up Speed to 1, or Shooting to 100... that sort of thing.

The other thing I don't mention when I talk about CCTs is that I've also been editing individual player ratings. I don't mention it because I know nobody around here really has the time or interest in that kind of detailed tweaking. But for me it's the finally key to really getting this game to play realistically. I've been editing players' Dribbling and Long Shot ratings, which radically alters the way the in which CPU teams set up their attacks and shots.

Last edited by peigone; 01-07-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
Hey ronaldo, I'm using my own CCTs and slider tweaks. So your problem is the CPU doesn't attack the way you want it to, is that it? A couple of things: really max out the CCT settings to see a real difference in attacking behaviour. Set a particular team's Build Up Speed to 1, or Shooting to 100... that sort of thing.

The other thing I don't mention when I talk about CCTs is that I've also been editing individual player ratings. I don't mention it because I know nobody around here really has the time or interest in that kind of detailed tweaking. But for me it's the finally key to really getting this game to play realistically. I've been editing players' Dribbling and Long Shot ratings, which radically alters the way the in which CPU teams set up their attacks and shots.
If it wouldn't be too much to ask I would be interested in seeing something like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »