Home

Community Day - VITA Version - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries

This is a discussion on Community Day - VITA Version - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Community Day - VITA Version - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries

Hi Guys,

In keeping with the common theme of the other threads please put all your questions pertaining to the VITA version in this thread. Please arrange your questions in an organized fashion and if you post a question and have another later on, just keep updating your original post.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Community Day - VITA Version - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries

In one of the previews they mentioned the vita will have a faster style of play, with fewer cut scenes etc. Is that an option that we can turn off so we can play the game just like the ps3 version?
Old 01-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Awesome that you are getting your hands on the Vita version! I do have a few wonders myself:

- What are we looking at in terms of visual hits compared to the PS3 version? Lower framerate and jaggies? Loss of self-shadowing? I know it can't hold a candle to the PS3 version anyway, but it wouldn't hurt to know the specifics.

- With missing R2/L2 buttons, how will we do some things that we would normally do with those? (like diving, switching players, freezing and stealing runners, guessing pitches, etc). I even heard that R3/L3 might be missing on the Vita, not sure.

- Is there any remote play functionality?

- I guess I would also like some clarification on how the saving features work, at least when it comes to switching from PS3 to PSV version. I know there aren't in-game saves for exhibition mode, but I didn't understand whether they were putting that in franchise. I don't know much about handhelds, so I don't know what it would mean if my battery was low and I was in the 6th inning. If there is a decent standby/sleep feature on the Vita where I can fire it up later after charging, that's always just as good.

- If this is your first time with the Vita, how does it feel? Is the screen truly big enough to play a baseball game on, and not feel like you're missing much? Can you still use, say, zone analog hitting and analog pitching with ease?

Thanks for all your efforts, guys!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4
I'll be playing the Vita version a lot if it's available. I'm even bringing my Vita along :-)

Http://psnation.org
Old 01-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

How much space would the game take up on a memory card if we were to purchase the game digitally? Kind of a concern with the card prices being what they are...

Blzer: I remember seeing in one of the previews that it'll be locked at 30 FPS. As long as it holds that (which the PSP game rarely did) I think it'll be fine for the small screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 01:31 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

1. Since the Vita version and PS3 version can share save files for RTTS, Fran, ect... Is it possible to purchase the PS3 version and get a Vita digital version at a discounted rate? Maybe 10 bucks off or something.

2. Sure this has been mentioned already but graphics how do they compare to the PS3 version? Do we finally get umpires in a portable version?

3. Is there any Vita exclusive features, that the PS3 does not have?

4. Is touch control used for anything? (front and rear)

5. Is analog controls being used just like the PS3 version since the Vita actually has 2 sticks?

Thanks, I am looking more forward to this than the PS3 version.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:20 AM   #7
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

I know that they are touting that the Vita will have everything that the PS3 will have but I'm interested in knowing just how accurate that is. That is, is there ANYTHING missing? Anything at all (other than Move controls, of course.)

Blzr, you heard right. Vita will not, in fact, have L3 and R3.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #8
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Blzer: I remember seeing in one of the previews that it'll be locked at 30 FPS. As long as it holds that (which the PSP game rarely did) I think it'll be fine for the small screen.

This made me wonder...

-- If Vita plays at a lower FPS, how do you feel the hitting timing is compared to that on PS3? Do you feel any changes at all? I feel online plays at a lower FPS compared to offline (not confirmed), and because of it timing in hitting changes a lot because of it.

-- I'd like to know overall, what parts of the game are limited in the Vita version? (I'm assuming Vita is not as powerful a machine here.) For example, do we have all the player edit options that are available on PS3? Sliders? In-game Options? Given that a save file can be shared, I presume that the game itself isn't dumbed down, but can we do *exactly* the same things that we are allowed to do on PS3?

-- Does Vita have CPU vs. CPU mode? Does it have MoM mode? Can you sim season/franchise games that you do not wish to play on Vita?

-- Does touch screen make something like player editing easier?

-- How long is the real battery life? You know the story... it's usually much shorter than what the manufacturer tells...

Copying a few Vita-related stuff that I initially wrote elsewhere:

-- Does the Vita version has the same gameplay/sim/AI engine behind it as the ones used for the PS3 version? Basically I wish to know if I can get similar game results (less build-in randomness of course) after continuing with the same save file with PS3 (at home) and Vita (on commute, etc.). I wouldn't expect them to be exactly the same (like removing cut scenes for Vita to shorten playing time has already been mentioned), but I'm talking about the core game play engine that affects baseball and not presentation...

-- How long is the running time on the gameplay (fast-play mode)? Is it still about 45 min on PS3? How about on Vita?

Last edited by nomo17k; 01-10-2012 at 11:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »