Home

Community Day - GRAPHICS & SOUND - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries

This is a discussion on Community Day - GRAPHICS & SOUND - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Community Day - GRAPHICS & SOUND - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries

Hey everyone,

As with Pared's thread on gameplay. I am making this one for everyone to post their questions or concerns on the graphics and sounds. As well as what PRESENTATION (overlays, etc) changes/tweaks have been done for MLB 12 The Show.

Please continue to post Stadium Upgrades in Ramone's thread here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/mlb-show/526665-stadium-upgrades-mlb-12-a.html#post2043146919

Also please update your original post if you think of more things to add. Keeps everything much more organized.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 01-04-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Community Day - GRAPHICS & SOUND - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries

My small graphic concern is the Umpires. Will their bodies look evenly? I'm talking about their legs.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #3
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Thanks EN!

I wanted to get in on this topic, although I already have a related list for our visit...

I always thought it would be neat if the team's art graphic was in the scorebug, rather than the abbreviation w/ colored background. Also, dots for OUT indicators.

I really like the dot that was added indicating which team is at-bat.

Anyway, I was actually more wanting to get this thread in my "participated" list, to easier response tracking.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 01-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
Pro

slickkill77's Arena

OVR: 7

Ask if there is an option to turn off all the visuals on screen while batting: pitches, contact/power swing etc...
Old 01-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
thaSLAB,

PM me your cell number. By all means jump on this. Would love to coordinate notes, etc.

That way I can go over Stadium/Uniforms more!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #6
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77
Ask if there is an option to turn off all the visuals on screen while batting: pitches, contact/power swing etc...
Russel allready said this option will not be in '12 (unfortunately).
I'm all for this option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I always thought it would be neat if the team's art graphic was in the scorebug, rather than the abbreviation w/ colored background. Also, dots for OUT indicators.
I second that.

1. Are the pitch history colours finally fixed? And can we have the same option when pitching?

2. Are we gonna see some grass deteriation here and there this year?

3. Will the fast forward (to inning) option be back in the quick menu this year? It was in '10 but was taken out in '11 and I missed it there

4. Did they tweak anything on the 3D part of the game? Optimizing it?

5. When the overlay/graphic appears about the top 8 strike out pitchers or the top double hitters etc., could you guys check if they highlight the player they're talking about now? Ofcourse you know what player they're talking about but you want to know where be stands in the list and what his numbers are and now you always have to do a quick scan through the list. A small issue for sure but if they would just highlight the player all would be perfect

Last edited by LastActionHero; 01-05-2012 at 04:01 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Will loose uniforms move on windy days ?

Is there really no player clipping anymore ?

During sunny days, when the camera pans to watch foul balls, is it still overly bright ?
Old 01-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #8
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

1. When a player hits a Home Run does a litle overlay popup with something like the following " 3 Run Home Run Adrian Gonzalez 10th HR This Season"

2. Does the in between innings Due Up overlay for the 3 batters have the 0 for 1, 1 for 1, 0 for 2 under their name or photos?

3. Was the players photo removed from the stats overlay everytime a batter comes to the plate?

4. Is there anyway to see the number of pitches thrown from the current pitcher all the time instead of having to press the select button?

5. Has the Screen Wipe been removed for replays or at least sped up a little so its not on screen as long? It should only be shown for like a split second. Like how TBS does it.

6. Have the fans in the stands been improved any? Do they now hold signs that say things like "Lets go Red Sox"

7. Is there a new PA Announcer this year?

8. Is the crownd smarter? Do they cheer more at the appropriate times?

9. Has the playoff atmosphere been greatly improved?

10. Is there now more organ music and other sounds playing in the stadiums?

11. Are the starting lineups presented in a brand new way? Do the announcers go though the whole linups?

12. Do umpirers where "Majestic Therma Base Umpire Jackets" during cold, Rain or Snowy games? Was any snow flakes added for colder cities?

13. Do you see fans walking into the statiums before the game begins? Like how 2K did it a few years ago.

14. Do the announcers talk more with each other? Do they talk more about what a player did the night before? And do they talk about upcoming series?

15. Is there a lot of new cut scenes? Like for example at the end of the game does the Catcher lift or take his Mask off when he high fives the pitcher and his team mates for the victory?

16. In Realtime Mode will base runners high five the coaches when rounding the bases? And will they high five the other players when crossing home plate?

17. Are there a lot more overlay stats shown in Realtime mode?

18. Was the camera editer improved any? Can we now manually set our own view for the "fielding camera" aswell? Can I place the fielding camera anywhere in the statium? Like the upper deck for example?

19. Was a new "sound slot" added just for the PA announcer? This would come in handy for when you use a "batter walk up music with PA announcer" This way you could turn off the "PA announcer slot" for only the players that you are using the "batter walk up music with PA announcer" mp3 file.

19. Has between innings been made to last a little longer? Will we see the fielders throwing the ball around before the batter comes to the plate? Also this would allow things like the 7th inning stretch to be better. Currently the music during the 7th inning stretch does not have enough time to play because the first batter comes up to the plate to quick. I would like the between innings to last longer and of course you would just need to press the X buttom to skip it.

20. Any Ball Boys/Ball Girls and Bat Boys on the field?

21. After the grounds crew comes out does the chalk lines around Home Plate still look like new again? In real life the grounds crew does not fix the chalk lines around home plate.
In fact the grounds crew should not be fixing any of the chalk lines not just home plate but also the chalk lines going down the first and third base sides.

22. Has the lighting in the statiums been improved any? Or is it still the same in every statium?

23. Have the Catchers throwing the ball back to the pitcher animations been improved? Or do the catchers still double cluch there glove everytime they throw the ball back to the pitcher? I would like this animation to be faster without always seeing the double cluching.

24. Can we start a game at anytime during the day? Like 12,1,2,3,4 and so on? Or is it still just set times? Also can we start a game using the built in PS3 clock?
So for example if I start a game at 11AM would it be 11AM in the game and would the sky reflect that?

25. Can late afternoon start times become a night time game if the game goes really long?

26. Do all the stadiums have their real LED Boards that go around the stadium? Meaning do they have stats on them now instead of just a scrollong team logo?

27. Is there a pre and post game show with news from around the league and highlights? Like how it was in NFL 2K5.

28. Are their now fly overs from the outside of all the stadiums?

29. Are the 2 big fish tanks in the new Miami Marlins stadium? And does it look cool?

30. Do the ingame replays now use the current audio from the stadium instead of the audio from when the play took place?

31. Do replays last longer and show the whole play? Or do they still get cut off to soon?

33. Are there new camera cuts of the umpirers? Like for example when the camera cuts to the umpirer for a check swing call?

34. Are there any new stadiums in the game besides the Miami Marlins one?

35. Do wild pitches make it a "bump" sound against the boarding behide home plate?

36. Is the Pitch Speed & Type still not shown on the Scorebar when doing CPU VS CPU? And if not can you ask them to add it in please.

Last edited by tnixen; 01-15-2012 at 02:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »