Home

Is NBA 2K12 worth the upgrade?

This is a discussion on Is NBA 2K12 worth the upgrade? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-31-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is NBA 2K12 worth the upgrade?

Is the 2k12 worth the upgrade from 2k11? i mainly play association mode with the wizards. Are there any new features in association mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Is NBA 2K12 worth the upgrade?

The main upgrades from NBA 2K11 to NBA 2K12 is an updated and much-improved My-Player mode (still can be improved a lot, but this one is a lot better than last year's), more legendary teams and players to unlock and play with, and better-flowing gameplay. The gameplay from 2K11 to 2K12 is a major upgrade because the game just flows much nicer. The CPU ball movement, play-calling, and off-the-ball movement while you control the ball for your team, while still not great, is much better. Definitely worth the cash in my opinion. Good luck.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak123
The main upgrades from NBA 2K11 to NBA 2K12 is an updated and much-improved My-Player mode (still can be improved a lot, but this one is a lot better than last year's), more legendary teams and players to unlock and play with, and better-flowing gameplay. The gameplay from 2K11 to 2K12 is a major upgrade because the game just flows much nicer. The CPU ball movement, play-calling, and off-the-ball movement while you control the ball for your team, while still not great, is much better. Definitely worth the cash in my opinion. Good luck.
what about association mode? any major new features?
Old 12-31-2011, 10:48 PM   #4
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra619
what about association mode? any major new features?
Not one. There's an online association though.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:51 AM   #5
Pro

TeddyKGB's Arena

OVR: 4

If you're involved in an Association, I'd say no, it's not worth it. The on-court gameplay, imo, isn't as good. The cpu does some things this year that will make you shake your head. Oh, and there are no adjustments made by the AI in the way of double-teams on hot players; they are non-existent. Combine that with a cpu opponent that still hasn't really improved in its execution and I find it hard to recommend 2K12 - unless the flashier graphics and nicer presentation sway you.

If you were primarily a quick-game-against-friends kind of player like I am, it's absolutely worth it for the updated rosters and the added bonus of better visuals/presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2012, 02:30 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Has the stats' bug been fixed?
Old 01-01-2012, 04:31 AM   #7
Banned

yes it is. It is well worth it.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:35 AM   #8
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian05fubu
Has the stats' bug been fixed?
as far as i am aware no it hasn't....looks like a calculation problem!...very off-putting when they pop up during a game and ur team is averaging 100 steals a game you think they would have noticed a bug that stands out so much...

I love association mode but sadly it has been 98% ignored this year!....which is extremely disappointing.If you do decide to purchase NBA 2k12 i recommend downloading The Sim Roster Project or the Dynasty Project Rosters those guys have put in so much time and effort to make the game playable and enjoyable!...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »