Home

Why game scores so low?? Help, please.

This is a discussion on Why game scores so low?? Help, please. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why game scores so low?? Help, please.

I am over a 200+ game played, full 12 minute quarter NBA 2k11 veteran. With sliders, I had so many realistic games, that I just couldnt put the game down. Completed two seasons without simulating any games.

But now, with 2k12, I am seeing my games only have scores of 32-25 at halftime. Final scores, after 12 minutes, equal 65-60. What is up with this?

What sliders do I need to adjust to get better full game stats. I have tried various slider sets, but just cannot seem to get this improved. The shooting percentages are at decent levels (average 45%), and the time is set at 12 minute quarters.

Help, someone. Anyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2011, 10:21 PM   #2
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Why game scores so low?? Help, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier16
I am over a 200+ game played, full 12 minute quarter NBA 2k11 veteran. With sliders, I had so many realistic games, that I just couldnt put the game down. Completed two seasons without simulating any games.

But now, with 2k12, I am seeing my games only have scores of 32-25 at halftime. Final scores, after 12 minutes, equal 65-60. What is up with this?

What sliders do I need to adjust to get better full game stats. I have tried various slider sets, but just cannot seem to get this improved. The shooting percentages are at decent levels (average 45%), and the time is set at 12 minute quarters.

Help, someone. Anyone.
Lack of turnover fastbreaks and No fouls..(Free Throws)

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 12-29-2011, 10:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Lack of turnover fastbreaks and No fouls..(Free Throws)
If you put it on the "Simulation" setting, I tend to get 20+ free throw attempts per game for each team.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:32 PM   #4
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Wow I have never had a game score that low. What level and what settings are you playing on? Are you playing with sliders already for shots? You are getting college basketball slow tempo scores. I take it you never ever fast break
Old 12-30-2011, 12:32 AM   #5
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

did you turn down the game speed? that could possibly be the problem. slower game speed=lower scores. idk i play almost exclusively my player so it may be different but i get scores anywhere from 80-125 depending on teams and thats playing all-star simulation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2011, 12:37 AM   #6
Pro

TeddyKGB's Arena

OVR: 4

Isn't this entirely due to the cpu's tempo? They play very methodically, and rarely shoot the ball with over 5 second on the clock.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:22 AM   #7
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
I have been doing some testing to get to the bottom of this issue. Since I enjoy CPU vs CPU games these low scores and running shot clock out really bother me. I have heard all kinds of explanations but most have been complex ("all you have to do is dedicate your life to editing playbooks, hotspots, freelance tendencies, ratings, sliders, coach profiles, and somehow figure out how they work together..."). As of about 30 minutes ago I think I figured it out. I created a player and gave him 100 shot tendency for each location. Created a team and cloned him 12 times. Played that team against each other in CPU vs CPU. Halfway through the 1st quarter the latest shot clock shot was at 10 secs. If you watch the CPU enough you will notice they often have shots but don't take them. It looks like the shooting tendency ratings are low by default with the exception of star players. I BET that upping shot location tendencies across the board would make a difference. I will continue to test this. It may end up being new thread worthy....

Last edited by Sellaz32; 12-30-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:35 AM   #8
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion8877
did you turn down the game speed? that could possibly be the problem. slower game speed=lower scores. idk i play almost exclusively my player so it may be different but i get scores anywhere from 80-125 depending on teams and thats playing all-star simulation.
I believe game speed also changes the clock speed. So it has no effect on scores...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »