Home

Has this game felt different the past couple of days?

This is a discussion on Has this game felt different the past couple of days? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-28-2011, 11:28 PM   #1
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
Has this game felt different the past couple of days?

anybody else feel like 2k12 has felt a bit different the last couple of days? in a good way? i wonder if 2k is still making small adjustments to the game, because the last couple of days the game has felt even more improved than after the patch. players seem to box out more and rebounding seems more fair and balanced. passes feel even quicker than right after the patch. the whole game feels faster and more responsive...and just starting today i feel like i can create better contact with the ball handler on defense. even the up-and-unders seem to be more defendable. the cpu also seems to sag off more on defense, giving me more space. anyone else notice any of this stuff?

Last edited by blues rocker; 12-28-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Has this game felt different the past couple of days?

I started a new Association today with the latest Rosters and it does seem to be different in a good way. More contact in the paint and defenders actually making an effort defending the basket with various block animations with a layup/dunk is attempted.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:49 PM   #3
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

playing right now and the game just feels faster...all the animations seem quicker. the game feels closer to 2k11 somehow...i don't know if 2k is up****** the game through the rosters or what. the cpu seems to be missing more shots as well - they aren't making as many contested B.S. shots now. i've been holding the CPU to shooting percentages in the 30's.

2k is definitely doing something...i'm getting better rebounding and block animations...the cpu is no longer running from behind and rebounding over 3 of my players.

and up-and-under step-throughs seem to be stoppable with contact now......!!!!!!!!!!! i stood in front of a guy trying to do a step-through and he was forced to go straight up because my body stopped him. something is definitely up.

Last edited by blues rocker; 12-29-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:31 AM   #4
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

Yes i agree everything feels faster and smoother.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:37 AM   #5
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Blues,

Yes it has what I have noticed is you can actually use the isomotion moves to execute a a move to get by a defender. The CPU's defense is a little less perfect and they are not getting credit for contesting shots after you release the shot as often as before. They still can get psychic steals and ramps up to a crazy level with excessive sliding but it is much better. You can get the CPU to actually stumble if you size it up right and the CPU can do it to you where you have to regain your balance and your control is off balance. I know for certain that little control and animation was not there before. Before what I noticed was the CPU could defend the drive, jumpshot and the dribble a little too perfect, which wasn't realistic. I think they touched the shot quality system too. Overall this is the game I was expecting. Also this is the reason I don't touch sliders much until after I see what 2K is going to do with patches and roster changes. I actually can play All-Star SIM clutch off and that is all I have to touch for a balanced game.

Rebounding appears to be better. I haven't had one of those games where the CPU out rebounds by 20 with 10+ more offensive rebounds than me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

If you guys actually watch basketball games, not just highlights, you do realize that there are not much of a contact in the paint right? It's totally different from 80s and 90s. I mean, as a huge fan of the toughest era, I love physical contacts but also as a huge SIM gamer, I feel like the game is not that realistic to the current league. Oh well, I was gonna lower the foul calls anyways so who cares lol.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #7
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian05fubu
If you guys actually watch basketball games, not just highlights, you do realize that there are not much of a contact in the paint right? It's totally different from 80s and 90s. I mean, as a huge fan of the toughest era, I love physical contacts but also as a huge SIM gamer, I feel like the game is not that realistic to the current league. Oh well, I was gonna lower the foul calls anyways so who cares lol.
I will agree that the NBA today doesn't have as much contact as the 80's and 90's. However the CPU at times just forces itself in the paint. What blues rocker was saying was he is able to get contact. I know this is a game but the CPU would at times force itself in the paint to try to do an up and under that would warp through your body. This doesn't happen in the NBA because most point guards would be getting the shot blocked. In the NBA what you would get is the point guard would just take the contested jumper over all these up and unders. Guards get points in the paint when they beat their man off the dribble and the help defense is too late. There are very few point guards that use post moves up and unders etc.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #8
Rookie

engrishbwudd's Arena

OVR: 0

A POSITIVE thread on 2k12? Blues Rocker is the OP? Something is definitely up. Hah, I'm glad you're finally getting something from the game, Blues. I noticed this last night as well, but I chocked it up to skill improvement. I was deadly wrong, apparently. There was no point where I got the urge to shut the system off due to cpu idiosyncrasies; I usually become frustrated throughout the first and rage quit mid-second.

I'm still entertaining the idea that some under-the-hood changes might have occurred but it also might be a placebo synchronized through a select few on these boards. Either way, I'm actually excited to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »