Home

2K12 or Skyrim?

This is a discussion on 2K12 or Skyrim? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-24-2011, 12:12 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 4
2K12 or Skyrim?

I'm thinking of getting either 2K12 or Skyrim. I love sports gaming and all, especially 2K, but also really enjoy RPG games. Initially I would say 2K12 just because I anticipated it's release for a really long time but I want to know if the gameplay is solid and my player mode is playable post patch. By the way I can get 2K12 for $10 or Skyrim for $20. (Gift cards)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2011, 12:33 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: 2K12 or Skyrim?

Skyrim, imo it's a better game over 2K12.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:46 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Get both if you can. I must've done 100 hrs into each of them and I'm still going. Skyrim's great, btw. I usually hate rpg's. Like, hate. And I ain't into fantasy themes with elves and magic and stuff, and I'm addicted to that game.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:00 AM   #4
Rookie

ndlive's Arena

OVR: 3

if you're pc, skyrim.

if you're xbox, 2k12.

but then again if you're pc, just get both 2k12 is just 9.99.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:28 AM   #5
Pro

TeddyKGB's Arena

At first I thought this as going to be a joke thread, but I guess he's serious. Anyway, the answer is Skyrim, and it's not even close TBH. Skyrim is one of the best games of all-time, whether your a pc guy or a console guy - though PS3 users might want to wait for the lag to be patched. 2K12 is a solid but flawed installment of the series, but come on...it's Skyrim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2011, 02:33 AM   #6
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKGB
At first I thought this as going to be a joke thread, but I guess he's serious. Anyway, the answer is Skyrim, and it's not even close TBH. Skyrim is one of the best games of all-time, whether your a pc guy or a console guy - though PS3 users might want to wait for the lag to be patched. 2K12 is a solid but flawed installment of the series, but come on...it's Skyrim.
Greatest game of all-time? Not even close.

In all ways except for graphics and dual-wielding, Skyrim isn't even better than Oblivion.

For the first 40 or so hours, Skryim will seem like the best game ever. But after that, you will start realizing how simple and repetitive the game is and it becomes boring FAST.

If you like "Go here, get this, bring it back" games, then go get Skyrim. Because after a while, that's all that the game has. Exploration is fun, but it just doesn't make up for the simplicity and repetitiveness of the game as a whole.

That being said, I love both games
Old 12-24-2011, 02:54 AM   #7
Banned

thuglife74's Arena

2k12 has a higher replay value imo, and will last you a lot longer than skyrim because you'll be through with that in a month or two. so in terms of bang for your buck, 2k12.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:22 AM   #8
Pro

TeddyKGB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Greatest game of all-time? Not even close.

In all ways except for graphics and dual-wielding, Skyrim isn't even better than Oblivion.

For the first 40 or so hours, Skryim will seem like the best game ever. But after that, you will start realizing how simple and repetitive the game is and it becomes boring FAST.

If you like "Go here, get this, bring it back" games, then go get Skyrim. Because after a while, that's all that the game has. Exploration is fun, but it just doesn't make up for the simplicity and repetitiveness of the game as a whole.

That being said, I love both games
I think when you consider the overall excellence of Skyrim's reviews, the unprecedented breadth of content in the game, and its impact on contemporary pop culture, you have to at least consider it alongside the best of all-time. In my opinion it's a landmark title and one that even the most lauded developer of RPG's in the world (Bioware) has recognized as being a watershed release, a title that pushes gaming forward. If you get bored after 40 hours, that's fine, but the majority of players enjoy what the game has to offer well beyond that point. I've clocked in over 100 hours myself, and I have yet to feel bored. Hell, the Skyrim thread in the Non-Sports Gaming subforum has over 3500 posts with nary a negative remark in the lot.

To be fair, though, comparing the two games is a bit apples and oranges.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »