Home

Penn State Dynasty

This is a discussion on Penn State Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-23-2011, 01:19 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Penn State Dynasty

In light of what has recently happened with Penn State I would like to start a Dynasty with the team. I have never played NCAA '12 before and have had it for a long time (for NCAA Draft Classes for Madden) but I am wondering how much of the real thing I can recreate? I assume they will get some bowl bans and other stuff (I also don't watch College Football at all) for it and Joe Paterno and Jerry Sandusky aren't on the staff (are they on the staff in the game and can I fire them if not to make it realistic)? Also, is the Athletic Director and stuff in the game? I would like to start from the ground up, basically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2011, 05:43 AM   #2
Rookie

strive's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Penn State Dynasty

No athletic director mode. You can edit Penn State's coaching names before you do a dynasty as you see fit. I'd personally just start as the HC but don't recruit the first three years. Basically turn auto recruit off and don't add anyone to the board. That is about the only punishment the game will allow you to do.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed the Raven
In light of what has recently happened with Penn State I would like to start a Dynasty with the team. I have never played NCAA '12 before and have had it for a long time (for NCAA Draft Classes for Madden) but I am wondering how much of the real thing I can recreate? I assume they will get some bowl bans and other stuff (I also don't watch College Football at all) for it and Joe Paterno and Jerry Sandusky aren't on the staff (are they on the staff in the game and can I fire them if not to make it realistic)? Also, is the Athletic Director and stuff in the game? I would like to start from the ground up, basically.
I doubt Penn State will get a bowl ban for this. That isn't technically an NCAA issue. And Jerry Sanduski had already retired from Penn State if I'm not mistaken.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by strive
No athletic director mode. You can edit Penn State's coaching names before you do a dynasty as you see fit. I'd personally just start as the HC but don't recruit the first three years. Basically turn auto recruit off and don't add anyone to the board. That is about the only punishment the game will allow you to do.
You could teambuilder edit the school profile. Edit the recruiting pitches.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #5
Rookie

duke41's Arena

OVR: 4

Sandusky retired following the 1999 season, something that anyone who discusses this subject should know, unless you want to sound like an ignorant sheep who listens to whatever the media says.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, I can't imagine any sanctions being placed by the NCAA. The only way you could make it like it is today would be if some of your recruits that had already committed decided to decommit but that's not an option.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:40 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Death penalting OSU is more fun and makes up for the slap on the wrist they got.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:44 AM   #8
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
They won't get a bowl ban neither should they. This is a legal issue not sanction issue.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »