Home

What settings do most of you play with here?

This is a discussion on What settings do most of you play with here? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-22-2011, 08:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What settings do most of you play with here?

Kind of struggling to pick a gameplay setting that I can just stick to and not think about. I used Pro/Default for a while, then went to Pro/Simulation, then Allstar/Simulation, then I read a thread saying how playing on slider adjusted ****** mode is very promising etc etc. Just wondering how some of the OS vets play the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2011, 08:41 AM   #2
Rookie

Opinianation's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What settings do most of you play with here?

I play on all-star/ sim. It's pretty good, anything higher the CPU will start to make all there bs shots.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

I've been playing on Allstar default, with slight slider adjustment. I usually play on Pro, but Allstar has been fun lately. Also if you put the off awarmeness slider between 65-75 the A.I. cpu really tries to get the star players involved, especially the post players. Before adjusting this Dwight Howard wouldn't do much but after adjusting that, his teammates feed him the ball alot more and he looks to score alot more. Also lowered on the ball d slider and lower driving contact slider, that way its less bumping and players can actually take bad defenders off the dribble more.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I play on All-Star with inside shots, close shots, and contact shots at 45 for both human and cpu. I also have the clutch factor, offensive awareness, and defensive awareness sliders at zero for both human and cpu. Those sliders don't impact the human much, but to me, they positively affects the cpu by limiting its "pyschic abilities." I'm also able to run fast breaks without fear of the cpu magically catching up.

The game is still a challenge on All-Star, as I am down by 11 to the Knicks with the Timberwolves halfway through the third. But I'm enjoying it because I'm getting beat by a superior team, not by supernatural forces. Whatever 2K did with the latest roster update has positively affected the gameplay in my opinion, and this is coming from a guy who hasn't had too many positive things to say about this game since launch. The only things that are missing for me, at the moment, are proper double team logic and proper on-ball defense animations.

Last edited by Mos1ted; 12-22-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #5
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
I've been playing on Allstar default, with slight slider adjustment. I usually play on Pro, but Allstar has been fun lately. Also if you put the off awarmeness slider between 65-75 the A.I. cpu really tries to get the star players involved, especially the post players. Before adjusting this Dwight Howard wouldn't do much but after adjusting that, his teammates feed him the ball alot more and he looks to score alot more. Also lowered on the ball d slider and lower driving contact slider, that way its less bumping and players can actually take bad defenders off the dribble more.
Personally, I think that's placebo, as I have the offensive awareness slider at zero against the Knicks, and Carmelo Anthony has already lit me up for 25 halfway through the third on 10/19 shooting. What the offensive awareness slider represents, and the in-game menus confirm it, is the player's ability to react to the ball, not the ability for the CPU to run an offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #6
Pro

I play with All-Star/Sim settings, it seems to be the best place to place everything if you don't plan on digging in deep to edit specific settings.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:14 PM   #7
Rookie

i play on superstar i love the toughness
Old 12-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

allstar with tweaked simulation sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »