Home

Forced misses

This is a discussion on Forced misses within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-21-2011, 01:33 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
Forced misses

Does anyone else hate this? In FNC there are so many times where there are forced misses. This pretty much means your punch will be on target but acts like it hits an invisible force field before hitting your opponent. Or the punch does hit but it doesn't count, does no damage and isn't registered. This is extremely broken and annoying. Happens a lot with hooks. The collision detection in this game is bad enough(i've knocked someone down with a straight that went OVER his head) but this makes it so much worse. I don't know why they patched these into the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2011, 01:41 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Forced misses

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTFACE03
Does anyone else hate this? In FNC there are so many times where there are forced misses. This pretty much means your punch will be on target but acts like it hits an invisible force field before hitting your opponent. Or the punch does hit but it doesn't count, does no damage and isn't registered. This is extremely broken and annoying. Happens a lot with hooks. The collision detection in this game is bad enough(i've knocked someone down with a straight that went OVER his head) but this makes it so much worse. I don't know why they patched these into the game.
Everyone was crying that connect % was too high because they didn't know how to use defense. So the programmers patched in these silly forced misses. Delete all patches and they will go away and the proper damage will be returned.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:55 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Everyone was crying that connect % was too high because they didn't know how to use defense. So the programmers patched in these silly forced misses. Delete all patches and they will go away and the proper damage will be returned.
I had a feeling it was something like that. That's ridiculous though, if someone is landing a high connect % it's your fault, i've held opponents to an extremely low connect percentage without these stupid forced misses. These kill the game for me, i've literally had a time where a guy taunted me and i missed him TWICE in a row. And i do enjoy the game without the patch but the only problem with that is the punch lag and no online. But i guess it's the only solution though.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 22

I really want to delete the patches and tuners, but doesn't that mean that sliders will not work anymore?
Old 01-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavonBrown
I really want to delete the patches and tuners, but doesn't that mean that sliders will not work anymore?
I want to delete them as well.Anyone remember which sliders were patched?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Exactly and that is what i dislike about these devs the most.

They always give in to the crying loudmouth minority.

This franchise has always been plagued by moronic gameplay elements. Forced misses, counter windows and karate chop stun blocks are crutches for those that don't know **** about boxing. These elements have no place in a game that is marketed as a boxing sim. They finally got rid of the stun blocking but this new forced misses crap is a complete gameplay killer.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #7

OVR: 34

This is an extremely frustration part of this game's development. The challenge they have is:

Amounts of punches thrown
Damage a punch gives
Stamina taken from throwing a punch

The developers made a game that allows you to unleash punches at a high rate and also connect at a high rate. Then people got frustrated with the high connect percentages, so instead of addressing it by truly making a fighter fatigued, they literally make you miss. I understand why they did this. You simply can't MAKE a user not throw as many punches as they want. What you can do is randomize his ability to connect. However, it's bad programming.

This is what they do with this game. They did the same thing with points. Instead of penalizing a guy for running around the ring, they made it so you lose some stamina for running away and not fighting. It's sort of like moving the furniture out of the room so it doesn't get wet from a leaky roof and not fixing the leaky roof.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »