Home

Anyone else feel like the M12 "decides" when you'll throw an INT?

This is a discussion on Anyone else feel like the M12 "decides" when you'll throw an INT? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-19-2011, 11:07 PM   #1
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Anyone else feel like the M12 "decides" when you'll throw an INT?

I am wondering if I am the only one. Hypothetically, say I'm trying to throw to the left sideline. I'll hit the button and throw the ball RIGHT TO the MLB in a completely different zone, with no receivers around him. It's frustrating. Or I'm paranoid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2011, 11:14 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Anyone else feel like the M12 "decides" when you'll throw an INT?

It happens. In my experience, it's got something to do with Awareness, at least I get that problem much more often with QBs with low Awareness, and it happens much more often when throwing into the general direction of defenders with high Awareness, it makes guys like Urlacher and Reed kind of "ball magnets"

After an incredible 2012 season ends with a Super Bowl win, Hope Turner and her Vikings are trying to prove that their performance was more than just a one-shot.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:18 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

That may be the case if you just press the button without controlling the pass with the left stick and it also depends on how low you have the USER accuracy. I feel like I have full control of all my throws by using the left stick. The INTs I usually throw are from bad throws I make in traffic or the CPU making superman INTs. Haha! But I do see that happen once in a while in bad weather games..
Old 12-19-2011, 11:36 PM   #4
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
I am wondering if I am the only one. Hypothetically, say I'm trying to throw to the left sideline. I'll hit the button and throw the ball RIGHT TO the MLB in a completely different zone, with no receivers around him. It's frustrating. Or I'm paranoid.
It's probably a little of both but just because you're paranoid doesn't mean Madden isn't out to get you! lol

Seriously though, I have often felt this way too but it's hard for me to judge impartially because I play with the Redskins and QB Grossman 99% of the time.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:46 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I think it "decides" since the game is calculations with ratings vs ratings (and we've seen some of the stuff the game can do to make those calculations "come true"). Even if you throw it right at someone, the game "decides" or "checks" to see if the defender can make the catch.

QB AWR seems like a factor (I see it much more if I have to use a weaker AWR QB like Bromley or Josh Johnson than Freeman or someone like that). QB Acc (and the respective User slider) are also a factor in how far off the ball can be.

Defender AWR does make them seem more like ball magnets. It doesn't help that the game seems to want to make a lot of errant throws go at someone (like a defender) instead of being just plain incompletions. INT slider is another factor.

I think some routes it happens more than others too. I see it a lot on crossing routes or the corner type routes. Sometimes on posts as well. On shorter routes, the AWR seems to make it determine if the defender makes a play or just watches (or otherwise doesn't go for the ball).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2011, 01:09 AM   #6
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover

It doesn't help that the game seems to want to make a lot of errant throws go at someone (like a defender) instead of being just plain incompletions.
This I guess is the biggest thing, and a more concise version of what I mean. I hate that there aren't more "plain incompletions"
Old 12-20-2011, 10:52 AM   #7
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

I felt like that every time I saw a db or linebacker warp in front of a receiver when they weren't even close to being in position for an interception.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 12-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #8
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't think I've ever had a problem with an INT I've thrown, but I've had problems with passes getting swatted down by a defender who warped into the passing lane who realistically never could've made the play on the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »