Home

Question about goal kicks

This is a discussion on Question about goal kicks within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
Rookie

room112's Arena

OVR: 2
Question about goal kicks

When I see goal kicks on TV, the kicking team is usually all downfield in the opponents half with only the defenders staying back in case the goalie decides on a short pass.

When I do a goal kick in FIFA, both teams are camped in my half. Is there a CTT to change this? I'm trying to force play downfield, but it's only ever a striker or two surrounded by four defenders.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Question about goal kicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by room112
When I see goal kicks on TV, the kicking team is usually all downfield in the opponents half with only the defenders staying back in case the goalie decides on a short pass.

When I do a goal kick in FIFA, both teams are camped in my half. Is there a CTT to change this? I'm trying to force play downfield, but it's only ever a striker or two surrounded by four defenders.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks.
Yeah, it's one of the many little things that irks me. Your defenders play so deep that if you lose the header your opponent will have the ball in the space between your backline and the pushed up midfield. That combined with the power that guys get on headers under pressure is absurd.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:35 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

Some positional issues can be fixed by creating custom formations for specific situations. For example, create a custom formation for corners and bring all your midfielders up as high as they will go. Even move them into positions where they're playing as forwards, just for the corner kick. After you take the corner, pause the game and switch back to your regular formation.

Something like that might work for the issue you're describing, IDK. But you could try creating a custom formation to move all your team up the field on goal kicks as high as the formation editor will allow.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:37 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
That combined with the power that guys get on headers under pressure is absurd.
The CPU shot accuracy slider reduces the effectiveness of headers as well, down to a realistic level.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:44 AM   #5
Banned

room112, I went into the game, created a custom formation for goal kicks and tried it out. It works quite well. I was able to edit my team so that all my players except for one defender were positioned around midfield and beyond. I'm actually going to keep that formation and use it, it's extremely useful and much more realistic. Thanks for pointing out the issue, you just improved the game for me.

Last edited by peigone; 12-19-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
The CPU shot accuracy slider reduces the effectiveness of headers as well, down to a realistic level.
Im not talking about shots. Im talking about headers in the midfiels, specifically from goal kicks.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
Rookie

room112's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
room112, I went into the game, created a custom formation for goal kicks and tried it out. It works quite well. I was able to edit my team so that all my players except for one defender were positioned around midfield and beyond. I'm actually going to keep that formation and use it, it's extremely useful and much more realistic. Thanks for pointing out the issue, you just improved the game for me.
That's awesome! I'm definitely going to try it out tonight. Thanks for the tip!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »