Home

What did you like about Fight Night Champion.....

This is a discussion on What did you like about Fight Night Champion..... within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 39
What did you like about Fight Night Champion.....

And would be good with some refinement(better overall testing)?

1. I like the idea of the tendencies and the sliders for them. I just wish they were more responsive and not placebos to make us think they were doing more than they actual were.

2. The Fight Camps was a good idea, but? but?

3. Giving us 100 CABs was a great idea, but it was only a idea and empty promise.

4. The punch from the block should have been a move for boxers who actually use this style of boxing. It was kind of pushed on every boxer if you used the one button block. Boxers styles, tendencies, abilities,and traits should be what makes him, him.

5. Amateur fights in career mode was done better than before but needs more depth added on to it to make turning pro carry more weight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: What did you like about Fight Night Champion.....

I liked the release day gameplay quite a bit. Connect % was a little high as was punch output, but it still had strategy. They really fouled the game up with their patches and tuners.

All they really needed to do was fix the imprted boxers in legacy mode. They actually need to totally revamp the career mode, but given I knew they weren't going to do that, if they would have just fixed that freezing glitch, I would have been a satisfied customer.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

nothing, game sucks.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money MAY
nothing, game sucks.
LOL, it does have A LOT of problems. But if i had to try to pick one nice thing, i'd say the graphics. I love the blur effect.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

• the graphics are great.
  • i like the "stick" total control...it's more immersive.
This may not make sense, but with all of the patches, tuners, etc... this game is in my opinion a C-, but it's closer to an A than F or even a D. I can't seem to sell it back. When I need my boxing fix, I pop it in and it definitely gets me my fix, but at the same time I feel like I'm torturing myself because I know I'll be annoyed with the games many faults. I don't know... Love/Hate relationship at its finest IMHO. And it doesn't help that there hasn't been that much HBO boxing on lately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2012, 02:07 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 39

This is a post from one of the Producers of the Fight Night Team Brian"Brizzo"Hayes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizzo
MESSAGE FROM DEVELOPMENT TEAM

Just wanted to clarify for anyone/everyone. This survey was not created by the development team and we did not provide direction in terms of its content. These are not features/concepts that we provided to POETIC. These are wishlist items that POETIC has compiled or created himself.

When he says that this is "Producer-Approved", that does not mean that it is in any way indicative of what our current or future plans are for the franchise. It just means he asked us if it was okay to do this type of thing and we said it was. Beyond that, I said it would be more insightful for everyone if he found a way to ask users what was most important to them... as opposed to just having a survey where users were able to answer that they just want everything.

Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by POETICDRINK2U
Fight Night Producer approved Fight Night Survey to see what's most
important to fans.

http://www.kwiksurveys.com?s=NMLKLF_4a8d374f

They wants to know the top 20, top 10 and top 5 things fans want.

They want to see what is important to the fans. They really trying to see what the fans want.

I posted this a few months ago on various sites both boxing and gaming.

*The belief by some is that the survey can be altered to fit what I want but that is farthest from the true than it is. I'm all for letting the fans get what they want. I'm just a huge options guy.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 20

-- Graphics. Gorgeous. Among the very best of ANY sports game of this generation. The animations could be a bit smoother, though.

-- Champion mode. I liked the entire story concept. Fun, gets you emotionally involved with your fighter.

-- Slider settings. A good idea with horrible implementation.

DISLIKES:

-- Button and stick responsiveness. There's still far too much of a delay between button or stick input and the desired action occurring on screen. Makes it very tough to judge the proper time to throw certain punches and combinations. Namco had ZERO lag from button response with Soul Calibur for the Dreamcast's launch in 1999; why the hell can't EA do the same with its boxing game 12 years later?

-- Slider settings. Cries of "the sliders are BROKEN!" in Game X or Y are among the biggest cliches and fallacies in sports gaming. But the sliders are broken on FNC. Most have little or no effect.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
MVP

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
-- Graphics. Gorgeous. Among the very best of ANY sports game of this generation. The animations could be a bit smoother, though.

-- Champion mode. I liked the entire story concept. Fun, gets you emotionally involved with your fighter.

-- Slider settings. A good idea with horrible implementation.

DISLIKES:

-- Button and stick responsiveness. There's still far too much of a delay between button or stick input and the desired action occurring on screen. Makes it very tough to judge the proper time to throw certain punches and combinations. Namco had ZERO lag from button response with Soul Calibur for the Dreamcast's launch in 1999; why the hell can't EA do the same with its boxing game 12 years later?

-- Slider settings. Cries of "the sliders are BROKEN!" in Game X or Y are among the biggest cliches and fallacies in sports gaming. But the sliders are broken on FNC. Most have little or no effect.

Pretty much how I feel as well. The button delays really killed this for me as I could never capitalize on openings the way I could have in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »