Home

Association House Rules

This is a discussion on Association House Rules within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2
Association House Rules

What are some house rules that you implement in your associations?

For me:

1. If I use a drill for any of my players, I make sure I use a counter drill for the opponents of the next two games. For example, if Caron Butler is in a slump I would probably decide to use the shooting drills to give him a temporary boost. Now since I know the CPU doesn't use these drills, I would make sure the next two small forwards that I am going to face on my schedule perform the defensive challenge shot drills. I control all 30 teams by the way.

2. I set the CPU's defensive assignments (for them) before I start the game. So yes, I move the 2nd controller to the CPU's side.

3. If a player on my team suffers an injury, I usually -5 from his current MPG allotment and give those minutes to his backup. That is more so for my team management in hopes that that player doesn't get reinjured.

4. Whenever I play Denver/Utah, I reduce my team's fatigue slider to simulate the higher elevations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Association House Rules

You probably think this is silly. But whenever a team plays on back-to-back nights, I use the alternate uniform on the second night.
And on Sundays, the Lakers play their white on gold uniform.
And Friday nights are throwback night for the entire league.
I'm still trying to think of an excuse for Latino nights for the Spurs and Suns.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2

^ The jersey one is cool.

Use the Latino jersies during
Quote:
National Hispanic Heritage Month is the period from September 15 to October 15 in the United States, when people recognize the contributions of Hispanic and Latino Americans to the United States and celebrate the group's heritage and culture.

But nevermind that doesn't fall in the NBA Season. Maybe during the 2nd season (Preseason).

I guess I am alone, oh well. But another one I just thought of is this. Since we are fresh off of the lockout, maybe reducing the fatigue slider down to 40/42 to simulate most of the league being out of shape. This one might no go over well but I think it will force us to use our benches more.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #4
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

What are some of your "House Rules" in regards to trading in 30 team associations?

When I started mine I didn't realize that teams set to be managed by CPU don't really trade with one another, so I guess I need to make some moves for them. I just finished playing my Christmas Day game and it's getting close to time to start separating the contenders from the pretenders. My plan for now is submit any trades to the "Rate My Trade" thread and go from there, but I'm interested to see what others are doing.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 01-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #5
Rookie

CDelfino10's Arena

OVR: 3

You can use the latino jerseys from May 1 to May 8, to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, or maybe use them when you are playing a team with a starter from Argentina, Puerto Rico or Dominicana against another Latin starter(Brazil is not Latin America)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 12:46 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
What are some of your "House Rules" in regards to trading in 30 team associations?
I'd like to hear the answer to this one too.

The Denver/Utah fatigue house rule and the uniforms are great ideas, btw. Please keep them coming.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:57 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I usually do a 30 team association because i'm quite anal about realistic player movement and lineups. Because of that, i don't trust the CPU trade logic.

Usually i'll look at the previous season's transaction list and get a brief idea of when some trades usually occur, how drastic the changes are etc and make similar trades.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #8
SimWorld Sports Inc - CEO

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

bump

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »