Home

How do you DRIVE????

This is a discussion on How do you DRIVE???? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do you DRIVE????

Im still getting use to the game & Wondering how do you drive to the paint. Ive been struggling and Pressing random buttons. and still NO DRIVE? How do you "Propely DRIVE to THE PAINT" for XBOX???

Please and thank you~
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: How do you DRIVE????

you're playing NBA 2K a basketball simulation, you're not playing Street Fighter or some other fighting game where you can button mash and get somewhere with it...

you have to have skill to get into the lane in this game, it's not fully realistic when it comes to it (cpu has superhuman quickness) but it's still not NBA jam where you can drive through and dunk anytime you want

my suggestion you go to practice or drill mode and really get familiar with the control scheme, there is nothing any of us here can say that will make you a better driver in the game, it's just one of those practice makes perfect type of deals, put in work to get results simple
Old 12-17-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35skyline
you're playing NBA 2K a basketball simulation, you're not playing Street Fighter or some other fighting game where you can button mash and get somewhere with it...

you have to have skill to get into the lane in this game, it's not fully realistic when it comes to it (cpu has superhuman quickness) but it's still not NBA jam where you can drive through and dunk anytime you want

my suggestion you go to practice or drill mode and really get familiar with the control scheme, there is nothing any of us here can say that will make you a better driver in the game, it's just one of those practice makes perfect type of deals, put in work to get results simple
Thank you this really help alot.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:38 PM   #4
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Practice, Practice, Practice. Every since 2K9, I always spent tons of time in Practice>Scrimmage mode. Very useful.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:12 AM   #5
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolManJeff
Im still getting use to the game & Wondering how do you drive to the paint. Ive been struggling and Pressing random buttons. and still NO DRIVE? How do you "Propely DRIVE to THE PAINT" for XBOX???

Please and thank you~
Use size-up and hesitation moves to try and get the defender off-balance. If you see your defender cheating one way, leaning one way, or reacting in one direction, IMMEDIATELY break off in the opposite direction.

One of my favorites is to walk or sprint toward the defender, hold LT and move the L-Stick backwards. From here, you have two options.

1) If you have a player with good Shoot-Off-Dribble, you can pull up for a quick shot because the move will create separation.

2) If you have a fast player and you think you have an opening, you can break out of that move at full speed and head towards the bucket. If the defense collapses in the paint and you don't think you can finish at the rim, pass it out to an open teammate and take the shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

i have the same problem i have been playing 2k sc dreamcast this year i cant get to the basket and finsh even if i have a slow center on me i try to dunk and it ends up a lay up or a jumper most of the time a jumper i want to throw my cntrl it like wtf
Old 01-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by King D77
i have the same problem i have been playing 2k sc dreamcast this year i cant get to the basket and finsh even if i have a slow center on me i try to dunk and it ends up a lay up or a jumper most of the time a jumper i want to throw my cntrl it like wtf
Sigh...

That's basketball. Why do you expect a dunk every time? I'd just be happy I got the points. The only time I really WANT dunks are alley-oops and completely open fast breaks. And I hardly every throw intentional alley-oops because they can easily be blocked.

If you want dunks all over the place, put the sliders on casual, then you have a 100 "dunk in traffic" rating. Then turbo + shot button at the basket. I'd bet any amount of money that after a week of that you'll get bored. It's far more fun and satisfying to actually play REAL basketball.

Driving to the bucket shouldn't work all the time. Make sure you are calling plays, run a pick and roll or a pick and iso, run some iso plays for your best finisher at the basket, etc. You can't just charge in every time. You have to set something up. That or if you see an opening. Otherwise, PASS THE BALL to a more open guy. You can still drive as this might get more defenders on you leaving someone else open. Basketball is a team effort despite the worship of the "superstars" who can do anything. I notice that teams with a "superstar" often do better when that guy is using his presence to create shots for teammates and adding some scoring of his own. For example, my 76ers have Iggy (while not really a superstar, he is definitely hyped as a really great player). Past few games he hasn't scored much at all but we have been crushing teams because 5-6 guys have points in the high teens. When he tried to do everything himself in a few games at the start of the season we would go down in flames. When the scoring is coming from everywhere, it's hard to have an effective defense because you might get one guy locked down but they'll just pass it off to a now more open man and get the easy bucket.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #8
Rookie

Post moves/dribble moves...You have to catch the defense off-guard, and as soon as they slip reverse the direction. I'm starting to get better at the drive, but still find it difficult mainly because my guy won't take it up and slam it down but instead lay it up softly off the glass.

Penetrating the D is pretty easy once you get the post moves down, after that you are left to 2K's magic "maybe."

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »