Home

chiliad's 2012 Accurate Draft Class (PS3)

This is a discussion on chiliad's 2012 Accurate Draft Class (PS3) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
Rookie

chiliad's Arena

OVR: 2
chiliad's NBA 2K12 2012/2013 Accurate Draft Classes (PS3)

If you're on PS3 and want a good draft class, I've uploaded what I feel is the most accurate 2012 class available right now.

It's called "Chiliad 2012Draft (accurate)"

I made sure to pay painstaking attention to detail as far as appearances go. Every player has an accurate appearance, including tattoos and accessories. I also feel the ratings are accurate and on par with what most sim style players will be looking for. Only 4 players are rated above 70, and Anthony Davis has the highest potential at 85 (his overall is 68).

I edited all 80 prospects, and there is a good mix of freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and international players. I left out some younger guys that have been showing up in most other draft classes because I don't feel they'll leave school after this season (most notably Kendall Marshall, James Michael McAdoo, LeBryan Nash, Patric Young, and Terrence Ross). I did this in preparation for a 2013 and 2014 draft class that will be released hopefully pretty soon.

I don't have the ability to upload screen shots of player faces, but I assure you they are very accurate. Please check it out and let me know what you think. Feel free to ask me questions here or via PM.

Updated Info on the classes:

2012 Class Version 1:
PSN: bigivie, filename: Chiliad 2012Draft (accurate)

2012 Class Version 2:
PSN: bigivie, filename: chiliad 2012DRAFTv2

2013 Class Version 1:
PSN: bigivie, filename: chiliad 2013v1

2012 Class (re-edited for use with Bedwardsroy19's roster)
File Name: Chiliad's 2012 for Ultimate Ros
PSN: Bedwardsroy19

2013 Class (re-edited for use with Bedwardsroy19's roster)
File Name: Chiliad's 2013 for ultimate ros
PSN: bigivie

2014 Class (for use with Bedwardsroy19's roster)
File Name: chiliad's 2014 for Ultimate Ros
PSN: bigivie

Last edited by chiliad; 02-19-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
Rookie

chiliad's Arena

Re: chiliad's 2012 Accurate Draft Class (PS3)

I've already begun work on the 2013 class, but I've sort of hit a snag when it comes to the "Inappropriate Language" issue. For whatever reason 2K thinks Shabazz (as in Shabazz Muhammad) isn't a nice word, so what I'll do is name him Shabaz so I'm able to upload it, then guys can go in on their own and add the extra Z.

As for the 2012 class, I may go back and do some editing in order to achieve more realistic draft results. I really like what I've seen for the most part in the tests I've run, but there are a few things I'd like to fix. Most notably is bumping Andre Drummond so he goes a little higher. The highest I've seen him go in test drafts is 7, whereas most mocks have him battling Harrison Barnes for the 2nd pick. Speaking of Barnes, he's gone 1st overall in every draft I've tested so far, so I might also try to bump Anthony Davis a bit since he's considered the consensus top pick. Then there are little things like Terrence Jones going slightly too high (in the 5 tests I ran he went 2nd three times and 3rd the other two times), and John Henson dropping into the 20s when he's a consensus lottery pick among most draft experts.

I'll probably have version 2 of the 2012 class up by the end of the weekend. I figure most hardcore sim guys are waiting on 2K to add all the rookies from this year anyway.

As for the 2013 class, I'm thinking early January at the earliest.

Also, if anyone is willing to do some test drafts in Association to see where most of these guys are consistently falling, it would be much appreciated. Like I said, I feel it's pretty darn accurate right now, but there's always room for improvement.

Also as you guys begin to use the 2012 draft class rookies in your associations, please let me know if any of the players aren't performing the way you think they should be. I tried to do my best with tendencies and hotspots, but my main focus was appearances, overall and physical ratings, and potential.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:02 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

if i had a ps3 i'd be all over these. they sound like really good draft classes. keep up the good work
Old 12-17-2011, 10:05 PM   #4
Rookie

KH25's Arena

Crap I wish these were for 360, they sound great. Haven't found a good draft class on xbox yet.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:24 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yo, I can't find your draft class anywhere on the PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2011, 06:09 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESRyder312
Yo, I can't find your draft class anywhere on the PS3.
Perhaps you did my same error: I wrote chillad instead of chiliad

The draft class is ok, but i think some players has too low rating (i.e. Drummond) and the problem is that they will be drafted not in the lottery, but i'm sure that Drummond will be one of the top 3.
Anyway I'm waiting for your 2013
Thanks for you nice job
Old 12-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #7
Rookie

chiliad's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkiller1974
The draft class is ok, but i think some players has too low rating (i.e. Drummond) and the problem is that they will be drafted not in the lottery, but i'm sure that Drummond will be one of the top 3.
Anyway I'm waiting for your 2013
Thanks for you nice job
I've made some slight edits in version 2 (uploading later today) to try and get some players (most notably Drummond and John Henson) to go higher in the draft. The problem is that 2K's draft logic is sort of hit or miss, and I don't want to overrate guys just so they'll go where draft "experts" think they'll go. Drummond is considered a top 3 pick now, but this time last year so was Terrence Jones. And first round picks like Bismack Biyombo and Nikola Vucevic weren't even on the NBA radar. The truth is mock drafts in December mean very little. I think how the prospects perform and progress in the game is much more important than where they're drafted, which is why most guys are rated the way they are.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #8
Rookie

chiliad's Arena

Version Two is now uploaded to 2Kshare.

Search for: chiliad 2012DRAFTv2

I made some slight edits to certain guys to achieve more accurate draft results, and I was really pleased with what I saw. Drummond is consistently going top 4 now. Henson is still falling out of the lottery, but that doesn't concern me that much because I don't think he's much of an NBA prospect to begin with. Below are the full results of one of the better drafts I saw if you're interested.

FIRST ROUND:
Spoiler

SECOND ROUND
Spoiler

Last edited by chiliad; 12-18-2011 at 05:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »