Home

NBA 2K12 Official Rookie Ratings

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Official Rookie Ratings within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37
NBA 2K12 Official Rookie Ratings

Hey guys, thought I would post the official ratings from NBA 2K12 for non-online users out there

I will continue to update the first post as 2K adds more into the game. Anybody surprised by anything?

Last edited by bedwardsroy19; 12-23-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2011, 04:12 PM   #2
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K12 Official Rookie Ratings

89 potential at age 19... and people expect to play Association mode with these default rosters? Good luck!
Old 12-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #3

bedwardsroy19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
89 potential at age 19... and people expect to play Association mode with these default rosters? Good luck!
My thoughts exactly.

Was anybody else shocked to see that Kenneth Faried was rated a 70? I know he is one of the most "NBA ready" players, but to see him the same as Tyson Chandler was absolutely shocking to me. Even to have him 4 points ahead of Tristan Thompson caught me a bit off guard.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
My thoughts exactly.

Was anybody else shocked to see that Kenneth Faried was rated a 70? I know he is one of the most "NBA ready" players, but to see him the same as Tyson Chandler was absolutely shocking to me. Even to have him 4 points ahead of Tristan Thompson caught me a bit off guard.

Faried is an AWESOME rebounder and hustles his butt off. This things make Overall go up. I havent looked yet at his Ratings, but the way Overall work depends on the players Strengths. Some Attributes raise the Ratings. One reason that Overall Rating is OVER-rated.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 12-12-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Hold on. I'm going to post what their highest ratings are real quick....

Kyrie Irving: 76 Med. 79 3pt. 78 ON-Ball D. 91 Speed. 94 Quickness. 75 Steal. 88 Off-hand dribbling. 77 passing. 80 OFF Awareness. 70 Consistency.

Kenneth Faried: 79 Dunk. 72 Block. 80 Vertical. 78 Speed. 80 Strength. 81 Quickness. 99 Hustle. 70 On Ball-D. 82 Off Reb. 78 Def Reb. 74 Def Awareness. 40 Consistency.

Last edited by DukeC; 12-12-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #6

bedwardsroy19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Faried is an AWESOME rebounder and hustles his butt off. This things make Overall go up. I havent looked yet at his Ratings, but the way Overall work depends on the players Strengths. Some Attributes raise the Ratings. One reason that Overall Rating is OVER-rated.
I know a ton about Faried and even more about the importance of the individual ratings. With all of that being said, he hasn't played one game in the NBA. As good of a rebounder as he was in college I find it surprising to see where he rates comparatively to other power forward and centers in the league.

Chris Anderson is an awesome rebounder that hustles his butt of as well, and hes proven that thus far. Faried has yet to do so.

I actually like Faried a lot, but maybe this is just proof that the way overall is determined needs to be drastically switched. Looking at the Nuggets roster, overall-wise, Faried is higher than even Gallinari. The formula needs to be modified. At the end of the day, it's impossible to not look at the overall as well and be dumbfounded by it.

Last edited by bedwardsroy19; 12-12-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
I know a ton about Faried and even more about the importance of the individual ratings. With all of that being said, he hasn't played one game in the NBA. As good of a rebounder as he was in college I find it surprising to see where he rates comparatively to other power forward and centers in the league.

Chris Anderson is an awesome rebounder that hustles his butt of as well, and hes proven that thus far. Faried has yet to do so.

I actually like Faried a lot, but maybe this is just proof that the way overall is determined needs to be drastically switched. Looking at the Nuggets roster, overall-wise, Faried is higher than even Gallinari. The formula needs to be modified. At the end of the day, it's impossible to not look at the overall as well and be dumbfounded by it.

I agree 2k Overall rating system needs to be overhauled. That is why when I do roster I tell people that I DONT go by Overall, I just try to rate them by their strengths.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 12-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

yea very surprised there are only 4 rookies in the game even though multiple rookies have signed their contracts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »