Home

MLB 12 The Show IGN Preview

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show IGN Preview within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27
MLB 12 The Show IGN Preview

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214459p1.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 12 The Show IGN Preview

I wonder if the online home run derby mode is the new thing they're referring to. If so, that sounds really awesome! It's not exactly a split-screen challenge mode like MVP/2K used to have, yet it's its own take. Great fun, that will be!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Might this be the online mode Ramone was speaking of?

Quote:
But I was lucky enough to see a whole lot more than just Move controls. Another aspect of the game I saw that interested me was a revamped online homerun derby. What was so intriguing about this mode is how immersive, quick and even how aesthetically pleasing it is. We played with six players, and we all went at the same time. There was no waiting to take your turn. Everyone swings at the same time on their own screen, and colorful lines track the trajectory of each ball hit. It was brilliant fun -- something that's quick and easy to digest, and something that I think is going to find a lot of fans when the game launches in March.
Article's a bit light on gameplay content, but some nice info about the Move (and that both PS3 and Vita are slated for release at the same time).
Old 12-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #4
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

That was a very weak preview

I guess I expected more info from IGN.

I am looking forward to the ESPN The Gamer preview by Jon Robinson. His previews always have some great tidbits.

Last edited by tnixen; 12-09-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:57 PM   #5
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Might this be the online mode Ramone was speaking of?

Article's a bit light on gameplay content, but some nice info about the Move (and that both PS3 and Vita are slated for release at the same time).

It's not and I think there was a misquote it's a new mode I never said anything about it being online or having multiplayer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I wonder if the online home run derby mode is the new thing they're referring to. If so, that sounds really awesome! It's not exactly a split-screen challenge mode like MVP/2K used to have, yet it's its own take. Great fun, that will be!
That does sound like fun!....
I can see a few of us getting together online for a few O.S. Homerun Derby contests....

But methinks there's more to the really cool innovative feature, that Ramone referred to in the other preview....than that.

...EDIT....and BOOM...there it is from the man himself!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-09-2011, 10:18 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It's not and I think there was a misquote it's a new mode I never said anything about it being online or having multiplayer.
Apologies then, for some reason I thought the new mode was an online one.

Can't wait to hear what is!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:22 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Apologies then, for some reason I thought the new mode was an online one.

Can't wait to hear what is!
As Russell said, the PlayStation Blog interview must have misquoted him here:

Quote:
You’ve been suspiciously quiet about multiplayer modes so far – you’re probably still ironing out the details, but can you give PlayStation.Blog readers a sneak peek of what’s in store?
For PS3, we have a brand-new mode that is really, really innovative. Nobody has every done a multiplayer mode like this in any sports game, ever. We’re going to reveal it in early 2012. So in addition to the other features I told you about, there’s still this secret feature that we’ll be talking about soon. We think people are going to love it.
So this mode may or may not be online related, but allegedly it would not be wise to, as of right now, make the assumption that it is an online-only mode.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »