Home

You want some great PC games for Christmas?

This is a discussion on You want some great PC games for Christmas? within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
You want some great PC games for Christmas?

I stumbled upon this website www.gog.com. It has a great deal on the Withcher II right now, but more importantly you can dowload the Baldur's Gate series and Icewind Dale for cheap. If you haven't played these RPG's, you really need to. They are classic. The graphics may be a bit outdated, but storline and gameplay is top notch. It also has the original fallout games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: You want some great PC games for Christmas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I stumbled upon this website www.gog.com. It has a great deal on the Withcher II right now, but more importantly you can dowload the Baldur's Gate series and Icewind Dale for cheap. If you haven't played these RPG's, you really need to. They are classic. The graphics may be a bit outdated, but storline and gameplay is top notch. It also has the original fallout games.
They are having a sale this weekend for half-off nearly all their games. Looking to pick up fallout 1 and fallout 2. They are also giving away codes for the old classic Masters of Orion and another game that is escaping me at the moment.

The deal with the Witcher 2 is amazing. You get the Witcher 2 for $24 and the Witcher 1 for free. Anyone who hasn't played those games who are RPG fans owe it to themselves to play them. They are in my top 5 of RPG's of all time.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
They are having a sale this weekend for half-off nearly all their games. Looking to pick up fallout 1 and fallout 2. They are also giving away codes for the old classic Masters of Orion and another game that is escaping me at the moment.

The deal with the Witcher 2 is amazing. You get the Witcher 2 for $24 and the Witcher 1 for free. Anyone who hasn't played those games who are RPG fans owe it to themselves to play them. They are in my top 5 of RPG's of all time.
For the withcher do you use a the keyboard and mouse or a controller?
Old 12-09-2011, 12:25 PM   #4
MVP

choadler's Arena

Quote:
For the withcher do you use a the keyboard and mouse or a controller?
For the Witcher 1, it is mouse and keyboard only I believe. For Witcher 2, it is mouse/keyboard or controller. I prefered controller for Witcher 2 and I am a mouse and keyboard user for almost all other games.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #5
MVP

choadler's Arena

Witcher 1 has a different style of combat, but it seems to work well. You have to time your mouse clicks to string combinations together. The more successful combinations that you string together the more damage you do. If you miss a timing window, your toon resets and you start with the basic attack pattern again and try to string combinations together. To make it challenging you can turn off the indicator and try to master the timing through the character animations.

The Withcer 2 has combat that is similar in many respects to the Batman Arkham games. Lots of dodging and tumbling. It is good combat system. I enjoyed it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Should I play the Witcher 1 before Witcher II?

What controller do you use? Can I get an Xbox PC controller at BEst Buy?
Old 12-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #7
MVP

choadler's Arena

Oh I forgot, they are giving away a free copy of Empire Earth: Gold for free starting on saturday. You only need an sign up on GOG.com to get it free.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #8
MVP

choadler's Arena

Quote:
Should I play the Witcher 1 before Witcher II?

What controller do you use? Can I get an Xbox PC controller at BEst Buy?
I would play Witcher 1 before Witcher 2 as it kind of continues the story. If you are going to get the GOG deal, might as well start with Witcher 1.

I use a wired xbox 360 controller that I picked up off Amazon. I am not sure if Best Buy carries the wired 360 controller, but they might. In fact I think you don't even have to get the pc version of the 360 controller, I think you can get an xbox version of the wired controller and it works fine on the PC since it is USB.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...=operasport-20

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »