Home

Stadium upgrades for MLB 12

This is a discussion on Stadium upgrades for MLB 12 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Stadium upgrades for MLB 12

If you haven't checked out these two threads they include panoramic shots of all the stadiums in the game. If you are wondering if the Texas Rangers upgrades have made it in post pictures or videos of the upgrades here.

Stadium/Graphics Feedback NL
http://forums.theshownation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Stadium/Graphics Feedback AL
http://forums.theshownation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2011, 09:34 PM   #2
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stadium upgrades for MLB 12

This is all I could find for the Rangers Ballpark renovation.

Not much really to go on I guess.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/tex...renovation.ece
Old 12-06-2011, 10:25 PM   #3
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Darn, I was hoping that you guys would have the "insider information" on the new Batter's Eye Club, so to speak. It looks like you have the visitor's bullpen right (as it is now parallel to the outfield wall). There will also be seats instead of bleachers out there, but I think bleachers were never in the game in the first place. Some of the sketches about it include...

Old 12-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Is this a thread where we can post "inaccuracies"?

If so, this is a weird one because I don't really know if it can be addressed, since the water seems to either be static (non-changing per batter), perhaps reflection-based, or does not actually have its own custom palette applied to it, but at AT&T Park at night, or at least during the beginning of a night game, McCovey Cove is displayed as, what I would consider, to be "black looking." The day games are fine.

Although an overexposed and overcontrasted shot, here is an example of a near-beginning night game at AT&T Park, and how the water (like most water in real life tends to ) keeps its blue color:

And I know this isn't at the beginning of a night game, but here is a shot of McCovey Cove as the game is progressing into what is probably its middle innings:

As you can see, the water still retains its blue color even as it gets darker. Obviously the black look wouldn't be too much of an issue once the night time hits its darkest sky, but before that, it sure would look nice if it started off as a lighter blue. Instead, it has this constant look the entire night game:

The way I see it, there are one of two reasons this could be happening:

- The backdrop of the east bay is causing the water to reflect the same black look that it has.

- It was a decision made for which static color for the water to have the entire game, because it is not possible/difficult to have change over time like the sky, and a blue looking water with night sky would look very bizarre.

If it's the latter, there might not be anything that can be done about it. If it's the former, my small solution would be to get rid of the eyesore backdrop Personally, I think it's just too solid, too outstanding, and too close to the action to be considered something to implement as a part of the stadium, or even a part of the city, for that matter. I think it could work better if it was a bit more faded out there, kind of like how the photo images show. That, or if you can extend the landscape, that might help as well.

Anyway, this is all just food for thought. As you probably know, I'm big on the stadium colors as is, so while this would be a nice adjustment, I'll always be finding myself pointing something else out about the colors.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #5
Pro

Doran's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm not sure if you guys got it already but there's new fences for the dugouts at the Rogers Centre, as can be seen here:

I couldn't find any more good images.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #6
MVP

crains13's Arena

OVR: 23

At Great American Ballpark in left center field there is a red tundra as seen in the picture. It was in a preview video of '11 but i guess was taken out in the final build.

tundra.jpg
Old 12-07-2011, 12:05 AM   #7
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Fix the flashing neon tomahawk at Turner Field...it never flashes during home runs...it flashes during doubles, triples and RBIs...its been wrong in the game for 2 yrs, plus there was a glitch where the sign always stayed lit up after first lit during a game
Old 12-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #8
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

I have posted over 200 pictures along with explanations in those forums. Click on my signature. I posted those way back in May, plenty of time for those problems to be fixed.

PLEASE TELL ME MY WORK WILL PAY OFF!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »