Home

Rating Explanations

This is a discussion on Rating Explanations within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-03-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Rating Explanations

I've been playing this game for a long time (over 3 systems), and there are some questions about ratings I've had that I've just started seeking answers to.

There are multiple ratings that I don't really understand what they do. I understand what they are meant to represent, but not what they actually do to affect gameplay.

For instance: Strength. I understand that this is supposed to indicate how strong a player is vs. another player. But what does it actually impact? Is it just a modifier? My guess is that it enhances other attributes (i.e. Trucking). If a player has the same Trucking rating as another, but has higher strength, the success rate of a Truck attempt is higher. That is how I understand it, but there has been no explanation and I was wondering if anyone knows how this works.

The others that I don't understand are all the run and pass block subtypes (footwork, strength)

Agility (is it the same as my understanding of strength?). How elusivness and juke move and spin move all relate to each other.

Coverage skills

Power and finesse moves relating to block shedding.

Basically, how to ratings impact each other and gameplay, and which ones really matter?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Rating Explanations

I've wondered the same exact thing. I'm really not sure how they each affect the gameplay either.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Rating Explanations

Would love to hear those as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »