Home

Making More Defensive Game?

This is a discussion on Making More Defensive Game? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
Rookie

matthewske's Arena

OVR: 6
Making More Defensive Game?

I currently play with these settings in my Career Mode:

Difficulty: World Class Minutes: 7 User/CPU GK Ability: 75/75 Pass Error: 60/60 Shot Error: 55/55 Acceleration 45/50 Line Height: 50/55 Line Width: 50/55

These sliders seem to give me the difficulty I'm looking for (In my 4th season with Real Madrid I have won the league once finished 2nd the other 2x and have not won the Champions League. In 3rd season with QPR I have finished 7th and 5th (made great transfers tho) and not performed well in Euro league.) but there are more goals than average in my games, a lot of 4-2 3-3 5-3 scores which leads my team/leading goal scorer to have way more goals than everybody else. And still I think 7 minutes is a rather quick game. Does anybody have any suggestions to sliders, difficulty etc. to make it a more defensive game leading to regular 1-1 2-0 2-1 type scores.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
Rookie

matthewske's Arena

Re: Making More Defensive Game?

Just had a 5-2 game QPRvBolton after posting this
Old 12-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

Hey matthew, I play 15 minute halfs and my games are usually of the 1-0, 2-1 variety. For me the key to the game this year is assigning custom tactics to the CPU. By raising CPU defense aggression, you'll have a much tougher time dribbling the ball up the pitch, which of course means less shots and less chances to score. And as an added bonus you'll see more fouls and cards called against the CPU. I also have the CPU man marking slider raised which, along with the tactics adjustments, means CPU defenders will be covering your players much more closely.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
Rookie

matthewske's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
Hey matthew, I play 15 minute halfs and my games are usually of the 1-0, 2-1 variety. For me the key to the game this year is assigning custom tactics to the CPU. By raising CPU defense aggression, you'll have a much tougher time dribbling the ball up the pitch, which of course means less shots and less chances to score. And as an added bonus you'll see more fouls and cards called against the CPU. I also have the CPU man marking slider raised which, along with the tactics adjustments, means CPU defenders will be covering your players much more closely.
I appreciate that. How do you assign custom tactics to the CPU as a whole, or do you have to just take the time to do it for every squad?
Old 12-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewske
I appreciate that. How do you assign custom tactics to the CPU as a whole, or do you have to just take the time to do it for every squad?
You can create up to 28 different templates which takes some time. After that, you can quickly assign a template to any and all teams. Another advantage is you can really create different styles of play. Lower the buildup speed to 1 for example and the CPU will continuiously pass back and pass back, rather than attack straight up the pitch each time, Much more realistic IMO, plus it allows for longer games as the CPU won't register as many shots playing like that.

Last edited by peigone; 12-02-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
Banned

Also, I find the sliders to be an amazing addition this year. I've always played FIFA on pro difficulty. But this year I'm able to play on legendary for the first time, by simply lowering CPU speed and accel sliders. I have them at 44 for the CPU, 50 for me, which balances things out things gameplay-wise. And of course tougher difficulty means less User ability to move the ball at will, better CPU goalkeeping etc., which allows for the possibility of longer matches with lower scores.

Last edited by peigone; 12-02-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #7
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Kreb has some pretty good sliders in the slider section. Personally I think they limit shots too much but they are definitely good ones to adjust to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »