Home

Madden 12 Top 4 Quarterbacks (Review)

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Top 4 Quarterbacks (Review) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-30-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
TheSaints7

OVR:
Madden 12 Top 4 Quarterbacks (Review)

There are many great Quarterbacks in Madden 12 and we all have our different opinion but I am going to write about the most popular and well known Quarterbacks in the NFL and on the game.

Drew Brees
Brees is my favourite QB in real life and also in the game. He has it all. Strength, Determination and Accuracy. Not many Quarterbacks give the team talk but you will find that Drew is the emotional leader for New Orleans. A few years ago he featured on Sports Science where he went against an Olympic Archer. The aim was to fire at a real life archer target and see who was more accurate. The archer hit the centre 7/10 whilst Drew Brees showed his skill and hit a stunning 10/10. In Madden he has to be one of the most accurate. He does not seem to be that fast where is real life he can dodge defenders so I think that needs to be dealt with. Colston is defiantly his favourite target followed by Jimmy Graham. Both are not that fast but are very strong and lethal in man coverage. If you are looking for an Accurate, Strong and Solid Quarterback then defiantly go for Brees.

Aaron Rodgers
In my opinion this guy is the second best QB on the game and in real life. He has the best Wide Receiver set to aim for with names such as Jennings, Driver and Nelson. Finley is also one of the best Tight Ends on the game so he is there to also corral in the passes. Green Bay have Cobb coming through the ranks as well who is a speed demon. In a few years time on Madden and possibly in real life he will develop into a new common target for Rodgers. In game he hardly ever over throws passes. He is super accurate and is surprisingly fast when rushing. I once scored three TD's with him in one game against Chicago. One of his flaws is that he fumbles fairly often when hit by a defender. Some other QB's do but not as much as Aaron. Overall he is great and will fit perfectly with a great set of Wide Receivers just like Green Bay have.

Tom Brady
This guy has been there, done that and got the ring to prove it. Playing for one of the best teams in the AFC he is clipped as the best QB in some peoples mind. However not in mine and certainly not on Madden. He has the Power, Speed and Accuracy but does not seem to put that to use in Madden. Yes, he will come up with some good throws but seems to lack a bit when throwing medium and deep passes. To gain any major yardage it is always these small and short throws to a HB or a WR on a slant route. I would be happy to use him in Madden 12 but would rather choose Brees and Rodgers over him.

Ben Roethlisberger
Known as 'Big Ben' he is certainly big and because of this he is slow and is not efficient when rushing compared to Rodgers. What I love about Ben when using him in Madden is his accuracy on deep throws. They almost certainly connect with the Wide Receiver. Especially when you have pacey and talented receivers in Hines Ward and Mike Wallace. I am going to admit that I have not played as the Steelers thousands of times but enough to discover that he is an elite QB. The Steelers Offensive Line gives him enough time in the Pocket to pick out a pass and throw the ball. In the next couple of days I am probably going to start a Franchise with Pittsburgh. I wish to face Green Bay in the Superbowl and this time for the Steelers to win. I am a Saints fan so would not mind if they won it.

My opinions and overview
Now we all have our own opinion as mentioned at the beginning but here are mine. Since Drew Brees is my favourite player in real life then of course he is my favourite to play with in Madden too which is true. I love leading the Saints to the Superbowl with him and I can always count on him making the plays and putting his skills to the test. I also enjoy playing with the Packers and Rodgers. His accuracy is amazing and with receivers like Jennings, it is nearly impossible to stop their passing attack.

My Ratings
Player Team Stars
Drew Brees (New Orleans Saints) -☼☼☼☼☼
Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers) - ☼☼☼☼☼
Tom Brady (New England Patriots) - ☼☼☼
Ben Roethlisberger (Pittsburgh Steelers) - ☼☼☼☼

Last edited by TheSaints7; 12-02-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
Rookie

kiz5's Arena

OVR: 3
An Olympic archer fires from 70 metres. I could hit the bull half the time from 20 yards and I suck. Biased comments on Sports Science.
Madden gamer since 93, Madden Online Record: 252-31, #360 overall
NCAA gamer since 2002
Old 12-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #3
TheSaints7

OVR:
Re: Madden 12 Top 4 Quarterbacks (Review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiz5
An Olympic archer fires from 70 metres. I could hit the bull half the time from 20 yards and I suck. Biased comments on Sports Science.
HAHAHA! Not biased at all, I dont even watch it so YEAHHHH!. Brees is better than you so I think we all agree. Full TIme.
Stop Trolling.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Good write up except you put Tom Brady in The NFC. And Brees is fairly quick in Madden. A 66 in speed I believe.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

Sorry you are entitled to your opinion but Rodgers is better then Brees IRL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantism
Because his team is undefeated? Because Rodgers is simply faster?

I 100% believe Brees is more accurate throwing the ball, that's not to ding Rodgers though, he's lethal as well.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #7
TheSaints7

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantism
Yes that is my opinion. And I personally think Brees is better. Rodgers has better WR to aim for and also a better defence than the Saints. But I honestly think that if Packers played the Saints at the Superdome then New Orleans would win. I honestly think that.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

What happened to Peyton Manning? He is still in the Madden game. Just because his season and maybe his career is over right now for the Colts, doesn't mean he is not one of the best QBs in Madden. Aaron Rodgers is good, but he isn't one of the elite Madden quarterbacks. Brees, Roethlisberger, Brady, yes. Rodgers no. Michael Vick is though and I don't see his name on this list. It is very upsetting. And don't forget about the rookies this year, we have Andy Dalton and Cameron Newton. They are making impacts on there teams this year and are pretty good in Madden has well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »