Home

Who would you have on your team: Lebron or Nowitski?

This is a discussion on Who would you have on your team: Lebron or Nowitski? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-28-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Who would you have on your team: Lebron or Nowitski?

Imagine you're playing just one season and you can choose between either Lebron, the all round fantastic scorer and defensive man, or Nowitski, a freak scorer who can get you buckets consistently from everywhere, all the time.

This is my dilemma. I find that having a good post scorer is invaluable in 2k12; you can get a lot of cheap buckets and fouls, and Dirk is probably the best post scorer in the game. But then again, Lebron is Lebron. The highest rated player in 2k12. Remember this is only 1 season, if it were a long term thing it'd be Lebron easy. Dirk has a 99 Medium shot and is taller than most PF's, so he'll knock em down from midrange nonstop. But Lebron has better defense. Lebron has a 99 layup and is just a freakin beast in every sense. But then again Dirk is a freak scorer. To be honest, I'm leaning towards Dirk, I just prefer him as a player, but it's a real toss up. What would you guys do?

For the record my team looks like this: J.Kidd, Ronnie Brewer, Danny Granger, Nowitski, Nene.

For some crazy reason the Hornets have accepted my offer of Granger, Nowitski and Tony Allen for Lebron.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #2
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Who would you have on your team: Lebron or Nowitski?

i wouldn't have given up dirk, like you said you need a low post threat dump it in and let him work. lebron he can play d and what not but he isn't all that clutch i would've kept dirk i like to have low post scorers
Old 11-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #3
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
i wouldn't have given up dirk, like you said you need a low post threat dump it in and let him work. lebron he can play d and what not but he isn't all that clutch i would've kept dirk i like to have low post scorers
lebron clutch rating is like 85..

both of them are nearly unstoppable in this game you cant go wrong with either of them

Last edited by yungsta404; 11-28-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:14 PM   #4
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

are you talking about the game or real life? Because if its the game then take Lebron hands down. Lebron is clutch as hell for me in the game when i need him to be. He's almost unstoppable. He even is decent in the post in the game. This is a no brainer, take Lebron.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #5
MVP

I Djm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
are you talking about the game or real life? Because if its the game then take Lebron hands down. Lebron is clutch as hell for me in the game when i need him to be. He's almost unstoppable. He even is decent in the post in the game. This is a no brainer, take Lebron.

he hadn't hit any gamewinners in my player whenever i played the heat usually cuz they spank us but the last game i hit the gamewinner and they had to throw up a prayer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

In this game I'd definitely take Dirk and his 99 midrange shooting rating. You can go to him every single time down the floor and he'll cash it in for you.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvspree8
In this game I'd definitely take Dirk and his 99 midrange shooting rating. You can go to him every single time down the floor and he'll cash it in for you.
This is not true at all. Dirk is a shooter first and foremost. Ive been watching him since he was a rookie in 98. He goes through hot and cold stretches just like any other shooter in the league and the game replicated that perfectly whenever he is on your team. When he is used by an opponent cpu team, he scores 50. Im starting PG on the Mavs right now and dirk is averaging right at 14.5 on 53% shooting with 8 minute quarters. He isnt a break out for 5 50 pt games in a row kinda guy, but he is 2nd on the team in assists, 1st in rebounds, 2nd in blocks, and 2nd in 3pt shooting %. This being said, he was 4-15 in the last game.

In the comparison between the two, Lebron is god in 2k. Dirk would be an excellent piece but not the answer. Too streaky. Lebron is going to give you 26-6-6 in a normal length game every night. He doesnt really go cold because of how he plays. A lot of trips to the free throw line. A lot of fast break dunks.

Giving all that up for Lebron might throw off the balance of your team. It looks like a solid squad as it is.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #8
Pro

WizardJay's Arena

In Game - Lebron

In Real Life - Dirk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »