Home

New dynasty suggestions

This is a discussion on New dynasty suggestions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4
New dynasty suggestions

Hey guys, I've had NCAA 12 since it's release and I'm thinking of starting a new dynasty. The problem is, I don't know which team to roll with. I do know that I want a team that has potential to be good, but is either ranked 20-25 or on the bubble. I want to run a pro or spread style offense and don't really mind what defense the team runs. Any suggestions on what team I should try out would be great! Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: New dynasty suggestions

Bias here, but I suggest Miami. They're ranked right outside the top 25, but have better players(in game and ratings wise) than a lot of top 25 teams. With a good slider set you should still struggle with them, however. They do have a tough schedule with games @ Virginia Tech, UNC, GT, and FSU in year one. So even with their good ratings, a good slider set with home field effects on should still produce a challenge all season.

They also run a pro-style offense with Sophomore near 90 overall RB Lamar Miller, and Jr. running back, Mike James, who is mid-high 80's overall. Miller is a speed back with power, but a lot of speed, while James is an above average speed back with a lot more power in his game. Fun duo to play with.

― Plato
Old 11-28-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10

Personal bias: Missouri.

TCU and Texas would also be fun to run with.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I concur on the Missouri recommendation. A wrinkle with Mizzou is that after year one you add yourself to the SEC East (and TAMU to the SEC West) and your level of difficulty increases immediately. I went 9-5 in year one with the Mizzou roster that starts the game.

I am currently in week five of year two and despite winning a couple decent non-conference games I scheduled at Iowa State and against Illinois I am now 1-1 in the SEC East and facing a tough Auburn team at home this week and facing the potential of a 3-2 start overall with more though SEC games looming.

As a side note, Texas A&M is really good in my dynasty, although the SEC West is beating them up somewhat.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #5
Rookie

Ronizzle's Arena

OVR: 2

Utah, Texas Tech, USF, and Arizona State would be my picks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 10:55 PM   #6
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambill10
I concur on the Missouri recommendation. A wrinkle with Mizzou is that after year one you add yourself to the SEC East (and TAMU to the SEC West) and your level of difficulty increases immediately. I went 9-5 in year one with the Mizzou roster that starts the game.

I am currently in week five of year two and despite winning a couple decent non-conference games I scheduled at Iowa State and against Illinois I am now 1-1 in the SEC East and facing a tough Auburn team at home this week and facing the potential of a 3-2 start overall with more though SEC games looming.

As a side note, Texas A&M is really good in my dynasty, although the SEC West is beating them up somewhat.

Using the OS Rosters (from July), I went 13-0 with Missouri my first year, but it was quite difficult and 7-6 could have easily been the result also.
Didn't do the SEC since it wasn't even rumored back then really, but I agree it would be more difficult. A&M would be harder, Alabama & LSU if they stay good along with Arkansas and a decent OOC schedule would be a fun challenge
Old 11-28-2011, 11:09 PM   #7
MVP

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

I'll be yet another biased individual here and go with Tennessee. Young team with many more underclassmen than upperclassmen. If I'm not mistaken on NCAA UT has 9 seniors in the 1st year of dynasty. They have a decent O-line, very talented QB, young but talented RB's, playmakers at WR in Justin Hunter and Da'Rick Rogers and a very decent but young defense. The LB group for Tennessee is very young but talented with LB's such as Curt Maggitt and A.J. Johnson. You do have an upperclassmen Impact Player at LB in Herman Lathers. The D-Line has some outstanding players such as Malik Jackson. The secondary has a great Safety in Prentiss Waggner and a young playmaker in Safety Brent Brewer. Tennessee is a team with great potential but the first couple of years in Dynasty would be a great challenge with some decent sliders.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:27 AM   #8
Rookie

gofresno's Arena

OVR: 8

You might want to try custom conferences. I honestly hadn't played offline dynasty in years after getting into some fast paced online dynasties. I just recently created a new offline dynasty where I made all the conferences regional and its pretty interesting. I'm starting off with Wyoming and using coaching carousel. I like building programs but may bounce around to try out the different conferences I've got set up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »