Home

Why bother with Heisman trophy?

This is a discussion on Why bother with Heisman trophy? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-26-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Why bother with Heisman trophy?

Led nation in rushing with 1958 yds and 20 tds,and was on top of Heisman list all year only to find my RB not even on the list when the winner was decided. Really? So now I have to hope that is something that's addressed for NCAA 13?
I enjoy the game and all but some of this crap gets old.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Why bother with Heisman trophy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turducken34
Led nation in rushing with 1958 yds and 20 tds,and was on top of Heisman list all year only to find my RB not even on the list when the winner was decided. Really? So now I have to hope that is something that's addressed for NCAA 13?
I enjoy the game and all but some of this crap gets old.

Darren Sproles had 1,986 yards and 16 TD's in 2003 and didn't do anything in the heisman either. This is real life.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
Rookie

I had a QB in my Arkansas State dynasty in year 2016 pass for 60 td's and over 6000 yards on heisman, and didnt win. Which I was also playing in the Sun Belt if that changes anything.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #4
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

If your stats are too good, you won't win it. I have a dynasty going right now where my team is a national powerhouse, but they're in the WAC for now. We're 9-0 right now and my HB is a stud who probably won't get the Heisman. I wouldn't be surprised if he ran for 2,300 yards and 30 TD's. He won't win for two reasons, I'm in the WAC and the stats are too unrealistic. If your player does too well, the game won't award you the Heisman. Also with the WAC thing, every Heisman candidate I can remember has had a big signature game against a really good team that really convinces people like Cam Newton vs. Alabama last year. Running for 250 yards and 4 TD's against Idaho doesn't get the same message across.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Some other things to coNsider would be your teams record, national rank, and whether ur player is injured or was injured as well as if you played in weeks 14 and 15 And or a conf champ game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #6
Rookie

I was playing as Florida. Demps missed a few series here and there and was injured during last game of regular season. (out for 2 weeks) My next game was SEC championship (listed as probable and played).
Trent Richardson won the Heisman, and did do better than Demps in our 2 head to head matchups. He finished second in FBS in rushing, almost 500 yards behind me. I'm not upset that he won, but I wasn't even up for consideration at the end.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yea unrealistic numbers won't get you the heisman. Just look at the numbers montee ball is putting up this year. 1622 yards rushing and 34 total tds.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:00 PM   #8
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

yea...agreed...him and matt barkley. Too bad the sanctions hurt his chances

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »