Home

SLIDER SETTINGS THREAD

This is a discussion on SLIDER SETTINGS THREAD within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
SLIDER SETTINGS THREAD

Just so the sliders don't get lost in other threads, can we start a thread here for slider settings?

I think a LOT is going to rely on the attribute re-adjustments as well. Right now, I have ALL AI reversal sliders at 0. Funny thing is, they STILL reverse, but it's not that bad.

I adjusted Zach Ryder's stats (his were still too high) and went against Big Show. As Big Show, I destroyed him. As Ryder, Show beat me. This is on "normal" right now.

I also raised Finisher and Foreign Object damage up a few clicks.
Lowered each "balancing" reversal slider about 3-4 clicks.
And turned OFF Reversal Damage slider. Never understood this slider. If you reverse a move, how are you "damaging" the player??

But, that's what I have for now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: SLIDER SETTINGS THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Just so the sliders don't get lost in other threads, can we start a thread here for slider settings?

I think a LOT is going to rely on the attribute re-adjustments as well. Right now, I have ALL AI reversal sliders at 0. Funny thing is, they STILL reverse, but it's not that bad.

I adjusted Zach Ryder's stats (his were still too high) and went against Big Show. As Big Show, I destroyed him. As Ryder, Show beat me. This is on "normal" right now.

I also raised Finisher and Foreign Object damage up a few clicks.
Lowered each "balancing" reversal slider about 3-4 clicks.
And turned OFF Reversal Damage slider. Never understood this slider. If you reverse a move, how are you "damaging" the player??

But, that's what I have for now.
0 does not imply none. In NCAA, you can turn completion sliders up to 100 and you will still throw incomplete passes.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
0 does not imply none. In NCAA, you can turn completion sliders up to 100 and you will still throw incomplete passes.
True. I just found it amazing how many reversals they still did even with the setting at 0. I think the way THQ made the game "more difficult" this year, was to increase the reversal time.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Try turning it all the way up. That'll show the difference haha. I haven't seen an excessive amount. I just notice the computer gets more reversals than I do. Will need to do some tweaking and see how it goes. Do something like Kane vs. Undertaker where reversals shouldn't happen all the time.

I also might try to find a way to slow the game down a bit. The back of the game says faster gameplay is what they are offering, but I don't see many matches where the opponent marches right up and strings together a ton of kicks and punches in the first 5 seconds.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:27 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 24

In the match settings where it says something to the effect (I think because I don't have the game on right now) of finisher charge window (the settings are slow, normal and fast and defaults to normal) that if you change that to slow instead of normal it takes longer for either wrestler to charge up to get thier finisher which is more realistic and gives it more weight as you or the AI won't get the finisher availble after 2 minutes and a few good moves.

Does anybody know what attribute is best to make a wrestler more resisitence to damage so matches last longer. I figure durability would be the one and I would max it to 100 for all the top tier wrestlers but for some wrestlers you can't increase it even if you lower other attributes. For instance I can increase from 85 to 100 for HBK without touching anything else but for the Undertaker it's set at 90 and even if I lower other things I still can't can't raise it even one tick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2011, 11:32 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Try turning it all the way up. That'll show the difference haha. I haven't seen an excessive amount. I just notice the computer gets more reversals than I do. Will need to do some tweaking and see how it goes. Do something like Kane vs. Undertaker where reversals shouldn't happen all the time.

I also might try to find a way to slow the game down a bit. The back of the game says faster gameplay is what they are offering, but I don't see many matches where the opponent marches right up and strings together a ton of kicks and punches in the first 5 seconds.
That's my biggest gripe with gameplay. It's just way too fast compared to the last SVR game I played which I think was SVR09. With cage matches the faster gameplay and the more aggressive AI has some of my cage matches over in 2 minutes if I get off to a bad start because after 3 moves the AI is already climbing up the cage or out the door (catching them going out the door is tough to do).When the AI is climbing the cage and you have just a little bit of trouble facing the cage to climb it to catch him, it's game over. I remember it being much more balanced and fun with SVR 09.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 11-23-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:48 PM   #7
Lillard Time

FlyRice's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Aren't you sometimes reversing the move into a move of your own? I think that is when they take damage.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRice
Aren't you sometimes reversing the move into a move of your own? I think that is when they take damage.
I'm really not sure to be honest. If a wrestler swings at my guy, and he blocks it, then hits him back, does he deliver DOUBLE the damage? Just because he blocked it (which is considered a reversal), it shouldn't do damage. The damage should be done on the move alone.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »