Home

My Dynasty Wishlist

This is a discussion on My Dynasty Wishlist within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-20-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
My Dynasty Wishlist

So as I have played NCAA the last three weeks trying to figure out what is missing, i thought to myself that there isnt enough challenge and excitement in the dynasty mode. So i thought the best way to fix the dynasty mode would be to add a resource point system. This would act similar to the AD Mode which seems to be a popular idea, but with more long term fun. And could really be expansive if the devs at NCAA would let it. Also the I think they need to add more coaching posistions into the game like posistion coaches or GA's

Points System/Resources

With the idea that I have in my head, everything in the dynasty would run off of this point system. The way that this point system would work is that some schools obviously have more resources than others. The reason that Ohio State gets better recruits than say Bowling Green isn't just because they are more nationally recognized, but because they have the resources to recruit better players. OSU has the money to afford to take trips to Florida and California, while BGSU barely can afford to get out of the Tri-State area. So each program will be alloted with a certian amount of "points" or resources at their disposal. So if OSU had 1000 points at their disposal BGSU would have 150.
These points can be used not only in recruiting but in order to improve pitches and lure better coaches. This eliminates alot of the grueling process in recruiting, and can be used more like the NCAA and College Hoops brand used to have in their recruiting. Some points in recruiting should be constant. I never understood why in NCAA basketball it cost 1 point to call a player in my home state but 20 across the country. A phone call is a phone call. However if I wanted to go visit a recruit it would cost much less to visit a player in state than one out or across the country. By using this point system for recruiting it could help speed up recruiting while making it a little more challenging. I would also like to see the addition of recruiting underclassmen, at least high school juniors. This also adds to the dynamic because it makes the coach budget whether he wants to use his points for now or a year down the road.
Another thing thing that the points could be used for is to upgrade the program which you are at. These points can be used to get more prestigous coaches into the program, make the weightroom better, add to team facilities, or even donate to the academic programs. By getting a better coach, it may make a recruit more likely to come to your school for that coach. By upgrading workout facilities, it may make your teams athletic skills better. Even by donating back to the school, it makes the school nicer and recruits may come because the school cafe is nicer. All of these things should factor into recruiting and on field play.
Finally what makes this point system so great is that it adds to the dynamics of the whole dynasty world. As a small school it makes no sense for me to go play a top 5 program and get destroyed. However if they offer our program 50 points I may have to think twice. Whenever App. State upset Michigan several years ago, they were paid over 1 million dollars to come and play. As a small school I may have more incentive to schedule teams I know I cannot beat if it can add to my resources. It also adds to the coaching carousel as well. As it works right now, if I am a head coach at any non-BCS school, coming off a 11-1 season with a good recruiting class, the current dynasty gives me little reason to leave for a struggling big school. But if the bigger schools offer me more "resources" instead of a financial contract, I may think about leaving. By adding this point system, it gives dynasty a whole new look which would make players never want to put the game down.

Deeper Coach Mode

As it stands right now, when entering dynasty you can either take a coordinator posistion or become the head coach of any program you want. But coaches starting their careers are not immediately offered coordinator jobs. I would like to see a much deeper coach mode in the game which could be tied into the point system above. When starting your career, you could choose what type of coach you want to be with a few coaching types (smashmouth, schemer, CEO, recruiter). And with that there could be different characteristics or attributes on a slider of grading system. Some possibilities may be (offensive scheme, defensive scheme, enthusiasim, charisma, disipline/respect, teacher, etc.) A smashmouth coach may have higher defensive scheme and charisma ratings to start out with, while a recruiter may not have the schemes but the charisma and respect ratings.
After you have picked what type of coach you would aspire to be, you would then decide where you want to start your career. You would then enter the job search as a position coach. Instead of having a RB coach or a LB coach, each team should have a offensive coordinator, D coordinator, offensive position coach, and defensive position coach. This would save space and alot of time in coaching carousel. And instead of being able to pick your offensive and defensive playbooks right away, it should be based on where you start as a position coach. For example if I want to run Oregon's spread attack at USC, I should first learn it from Chip Kelley for a while. Or if I wanted to run Michigans new defense, I should coach under Greg Madison.
Under the current dynasty the user also has full control of who they recruit. In the real world however thats up to the head coach and recruiting coordinator. I would like to see the position coach only recruit either their side of the ball only or more specifically either Skill or Line recruiting. The head coach or coordinator should tell them who to look at, and the user can make their own judgements. Also if the user coach can land the recruits they are suppose to which would help their prestige. All of this should be tied into the coaching carousel aspect.
After the season is over, the coaching carousel then begins. As it stands right now there isnt much incentive to ever leave a position if your team is doing well. But with the new point system and less control as a non head coach, it will give users much more to think about. Lets say after my first year as a position coach for Oregon I do perfectly recruiting and the team wins a BCS bid. I am offered the offensive coordinator job at 1-11 Eastern Michigan. Why would I take that job? They have offered me more points to recruit than my smaller job at Oregon and i would be the recuiting coordinator. While that may not sway me, I would at least think about it. And lets say I go to EM and eventually become head coach and lead them to a BCS bowl birth, but 5-7 Michigan offers me their head coach job. While Michigan may take a while to turn around, they have offered me twice as many resources. All of this would make the users think about there job every year.

While I realize this is alot to implement and may even take a seperate "NCAA Head Coach" game, it would definately help the staleness which has plagued the dynasty mode on the current gen. Without revamping the dynasty mode the EA team is bound to lose more and more customers each year.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »