Home

NBA 2K12 Critical Gameplay Issues/Glitches | NEED TO BE FIXED

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Critical Gameplay Issues/Glitches | NEED TO BE FIXED within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 12:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2K12 Critical Gameplay Issues/Glitches | NEED TO BE FIXED

I have been playing 2k12 on PS3 for about 3-4 weeks and have noticed many significant and minor gameplay issues that are frustrating and stupid.

FYI these issues are not a one off occurrence, they have all happened many times and I am updated to the latest patch 1.03.
I am making this thread in the hopes that someone affiliated with the making of 2k12 will see this and address these key issues that NEED to be fixed.
If anyone else is having any of these issues please comment.

I have only been playing myplayer and association so the following glitches are for these two modes, but they most likely affect the rest of the game as well.

Major Issues:

1: Frequently CANT hit OPEN jumpshots

Myplayer has a 91 midrange, but often he is missing wide open midrange jumpshots when there is NO ONE guarding him and no hand in his face (WIDE OPEN).
I get a perfect release and a A- to A+ shot quality....Yet he still often misses! How does this happen?!
My second piece of stunning/compelling evidence to back my argument up was; when i was playing association mode with OKC. I had Eric Maynor come off a screen, consequently he was wide open because the defense didn't hedge properly. I then got a A+ shot quality and a perfect release and the shot.....AIRBALLS TO THE RIGHT!! How does this happen you ask? Because 2k12 is ****ed! Sorry for my language but these issues are very frustrating.

This critical gameplay issue needs to be fixed because all NBA players CAN hit open jumpshots! Especially one's with a 91 midrange!

2: Player gets hacked whilst driving in, and RARELY gets foul call.

Myplayer is a 6'2 PG. When i drive in after beating my man I often find the help defense all collapsing on me, and i'l be hacked, they will either block as im taking my layup while im fighting through ALOT of contact, or, i'l end up on the ground for the next 4 seconds because i've been bumped/hacked so badly. It seems as though that the ref's are blind in this game because i am frequently driving in and getting fouled (il be on the ground for god sake) and there will be no foul called.

3: Screening is bugged
When I go to screen other players during a play or not during a play the collision between the player and the opposition DOES NOT occur. Therefore whatever play that requires myplayer to screen for other people is a wasted play because the collision between players does not occur, the opposition simply runs around me as if im not there.

4: Cant find any multiplayer games when i click quick match. I wait 5 minutes and i cant find anything.

Last edited by ASmoove; 11-19-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2011, 12:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Angry Re: NBA 2K12 Critical Gameplay Issues/Glitches | NEED TO BE FIXED

Minor Glitch/Issues:
1: "Bad Transition Defence"
After my team has committed a turnover and I am running down the court to try and get back, 2k gives me a "bad transition defense" I'd cross the halfcourt and that would appear. If i CANT get back in time why is these ailment being bestowed upon me. It's just stupid.

2: Fastbreak help defence runs away????
When there is a fastbreak on the opposing team and i chase down the dribbler to try and get in front and stop him, just before he his about to take the layup my team teammate (help defense) will move away from the attacking man (when he could easily jump and contest or block the shot). And if you were wondering, no there wasn't another player running down the wing and filling the lane--It was a 2 on 1.

3: Alley-Oop
If the defence touches the ball whilst i throw an alley-oop I get a "bad pass" and NO assist even though the alley-oop was actually completed and the guy i passed to dunked it.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:42 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K12 Critical Gameplay Issues/Glitches | NEED TO BE FIXED

ok i guess you're new, pretty obvious as you havent even played the game a month....so to save you the trouble let me tell you EVERYONE KNOWS MY PLAYER SUCKS, i havent come across one person here or anywhere else that will stick up for my player....

it's broken and it needs to be fixed, we all know it and there has been COUNTLESS threads on it, you should have just added to one of the existing threads because clogging up the forum telling us the sky is blue and sun is yellow isn't news...

good news is they're working on some "big" patch supposed to come out soon, i personally will give my player one last shot after seeing what the patch does, if it's not much, i'm pretty much done with the game aside from when my friends come over and play
Old 11-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-360-ps3.html
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 11-19-2011, 01:09 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35skyline
ok i guess you're new, pretty obvious as you havent even played the game a month....so to save you the trouble let me tell you EVERYONE KNOWS MY PLAYER SUCKS, i havent come across one person here or anywhere else that will stick up for my player....

it's broken and it needs to be fixed, we all know it and there has been COUNTLESS threads on it, you should have just added to one of the existing threads because clogging up the forum telling us the sky is blue and sun is yellow isn't news...

good news is they're working on some "big" patch supposed to come out soon, i personally will give my player one last shot after seeing what the patch does, if it's not much, i'm pretty much done with the game aside from when my friends come over and play

My player isnt bugged fix your slider and learn basketball.Im having a great time in my player mode sorry your not.No more cheese the lane is probably why your upset.Yes the team mates can appear to be mentally challenged but that becuase you control the offense if your a point guard.If your not a point guard then learn where your spot is on the court.

The thing the Op mention can be fixed with slider adjustments and a good roster file.

Also the OP is complaining about not scoring.I think even jordan missed open shots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome_305
My player isnt bugged fix your slider and learn basketball.Im having a great time in my player mode sorry your not.No more cheese the lane is probably why your upset.Yes the team mates can appear to be mentally challenged but that becuase you control the offense if your a point guard.If your not a point guard then learn where your spot is on the court.

The thing the Op mention can be fixed with slider adjustments and a good roster file.

Also the OP is complaining about not scoring.I think even jordan missed open shots.
Your joking right? If you actually played My Player you would know that you CAN'T change/customize sliders in any way in My Player, other than choosing between "Default" and "Simulation" sliders. It makes ZERO sense whatsoever that 2k hasn't included the ability to do this once again...but 2k refuses to listen.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #7
Banned

SIZEqueen's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome_305

You can't adjust sliders in my player. Why would you even bother posting when you're clearly talking out your ***?
Old 11-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

@ Chrome

I'm amazed at teh level of noob this forum has been overrun by, I didn't join too long ago just the other year, but damn I remember guys with real knowledge used to come on here and talk about important issues.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »