Home

Played some 2k11 today...

This is a discussion on Played some 2k11 today... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Played some 2k11 today...

and after the first 2 minutes something became glaringly obvious to me...2k12 sucks compared to 2k11. There, I said it. The gameplay in 2k11 is just so much tighter. You feel like you have full control of your player whereas in 2k12 they take soooo many little steps for the simplest of moves...it's just all so sloppy and slow. 2k11 may arguably be less realistic (though I don't think so), but overall it's so much better than 2k12. I needed to rant after 2 hours of the most frustrating 2k12 gameplay, so there it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Played some 2k11 today...

I almost got my 2k11 copy out today, maybe I'll do it tomorrow.

Is it weird to get used to again?
Old 11-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

i agree, much better game
Old 11-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBa17
I almost got my 2k11 copy out today, maybe I'll do it tomorrow.

Is it weird to get used to again?
Most of it will feel very similar, but I think you'll notice how much tighter the gameplay feels. A couple of things will feel a bit weird, like posting up is RT and LT rather than Y, and signature gather is Y rather than LT+Shotstick. Definitely give 2k11 another go, it's still the greatest basketball game ever imo.

A quick note btw, I just changed the difficulty from Allstar to Pro in 2k12 and it makes a lot of difference. Less BS, more legit basketball. I still think 2k11 is better overall, but 2k12 on Pro difficulty with adjusted sliders is also great.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

Agreed 2K11 is where it's at. Greatest B-Ball game ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhannius
You feel like you have full control of your player whereas in 2k12 they take soooo many little steps for the simplest of moves.
I think 2k got caught up in making complicated animations that make the game look smoother/have more momentum when they actually control less smooth/have too much momentum. Sometimes I feel like my player has a bowling ball on his head. Its like that line in Jurassic Park about scientists and cloning: "They were focusing so much on if they could that they didn't stop and think if they should" lol.

I do think 2k11 is better, but 2k12 has the potential to be beautiful so after this huge patch they got brewing hopefully my tune will change.

Last edited by Slava Medvadenko; 11-14-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:53 PM   #7
Rookie

Yeah took me ages to bite the bullet and get 11 out again, did it on saturday and your right the overall feeling is one of complete control.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava Medvadenko
"They were focusing so much on if they could that they didn't stop and think if they should" lol.
LOL! I love that quote and the way Jeff Goldblum says it! But it's so true. Granted 2k12 is silky smooth, it's a beautiful game, but it's a perfect example of how gameplay will always trump graphics in the long run. I hope 2 things happen as a result of the flaws of 2k12. 1) They release the greatest patch of all time 2) They learn the lessons of what worked in 2k11 and what worked in 2k12 and combine them to make 2k13 the greatest game ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »