Home

Do you think that Saints need wide receivers?

This is a discussion on Do you think that Saints need wide receivers? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
Rookie

willias's Arena

OVR: 1
Do you think that Saints need wide receivers?

I played a game as Saints vs the Jets, and I noticed that at least one wide receiver (I don't remember his name) is way too slow.
So, do you think that (in franchise mode) they need to find some speedy wide receiver?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Do you think that Saints need wide receivers?

They still have Devery Henderson who is upper 90's speed. Marquis Colston is slow but a great route runner and has excellent hands. They have a great young TE. I think they're set at receiver IMO.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:52 PM   #3
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Nope they have everything you need out of a WR corp. A possession WR in Colston, a dominant TE in Jimmy Graham, Devery Henderson is still really fast in madden, Robert Meachem is a solid WR with some decent speed, and a small elusive sure handed slot WR guy in Lance Moore.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
Nope they have everything you need out of a WR corp. A possession WR in Colston, a dominant TE in Jimmy Graham, Devery Henderson is still really fast in madden, Robert Meachem is a solid WR with some decent speed, and a small elusive sure handed slot WR guy in Lance Moore.
Ditto

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

The Saints have fantastic receivers. But I tend to throw them away in my Franchise. I let go of Courtney and Adrian after the first season and draft rookies. Adrian is way too slow and Courtney isn't a consistent #4 - #5 receiver when I use those for long passes. I keep Lance, Robert, and Marques until they retire. I keep Devery until his speed drops below 90(age).

As long as a receiver has 90+ speed and 80+ Spec. Catch, I don't care what their Ovr rating is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2011, 12:59 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

i tend to pick up T.O in year one just because hes still pretty good in the game and with the saints he works well as a second big strong reciever to go up for the jump balls or on slant routes, but in general the Saints are pretty fantastic on offense (just keep Sproles, he has games where he is nearly impossible to get down)
Old 11-13-2011, 01:01 AM   #7
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
The Saints have fantastic receivers. But I tend to throw them away in my Franchise. I let go of Courtney and Adrian after the first season and draft rookies. Adrian is way too slow and Courtney isn't a consistent #4 - #5 receiver when I use those for long passes. I keep Lance, Robert, and Marques until they retire. I keep Devery until his speed drops below 90(age).

As long as a receiver has 90+ speed and 80+ Spec. Catch, I don't care what their Ovr rating is.
any team would let these scrubs go....
Old 11-13-2011, 07:45 AM   #8
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
The Saints base receivers are good, I usually trade for one of the lower rated WRs in the first season and groom them to eventually replace Colston or Meachem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »