Home

What positions do you play on defense?

This is a discussion on What positions do you play on defense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
What positions do you play on defense?

On defense at the beginning of every play I pick the #1 DT, I try to get to the ball ASAP, and try not to switch off to much.

In past EA games I'd always play a DE, or a MLB.
For some reason in this game I cant get around the edge with my DEs and can't do much of anything to pressure the QB with a Linebacker; so I prefer dropping back in coverage with them.

This has caused me to recruit 10, and sign 6 DTs this season – I'll only have one DT left over from my 2nd year team, so I'll need some guys that can play right away.

I play the 4-3 mostly, and sprinkle in 3-4 schemes about 30% of the time.

What positions on Defense do you find most valuable, and what do you play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: What positions do you play on defense?

3-4s and nickels with strong saftey

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 11-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #3
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I try to play a 3-4 all the time, but if my #2 DT is close to as good as my #2 MLB I'll play a 4-3 against 2 TE sets and 3-4 against 1/0 TE base formations.

I use the #1 MLB as this is always my favorite position.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 11-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

It depends on my D. I run 3 different defenses in different dynasties (and different teams online).

When I use 3-3-5, I am 99% of the time on the MLB. The only exception is against users who like to run 4 Verts over and over, then I run with the Free Safety as kind of a roaming Robber and then can fly up in run support.

When I use 4-3, I am 100% of the time on the MLB. Never leave him. I usually play off the line a bit more than the default alignment just so I don't get caught up in traffic in run support.

When I use 4-2-5, I rotate between both MLB and the FS depending on the side of the field. If the ball is on the left hash, I use the right linebacker (ROLB). If the ball is on the right hash, I use the left linebacker (MLB). If the ball is in the middle of the field or I am in pass defense mode, I sit on the FS and play Robber just like in the 335.

In all of these defenses, I love assigning the guy I control to be a Spy so I have no designed assignment and can just roam around the field.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Is it bad that i'm 99% of the time someone rushing the QB?

DE in 3 man rush and a LB in any more than that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2011, 09:05 AM   #6
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

I like playing DE but I really struggle with the line moves this year. Seems like every time I use the stick to make a move I get pancaked. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclutch
I like playing DE but I really struggle with the line moves this year. Seems like every time I use the stick to make a move I get pancaked. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

On the Snap move yr stick left and right. this will get u off the lineman in front of u and u can move to the Qb. I usually play Dt in a 3-4 setup with occasionally switching to the De's. I average 10 sacks a season with this setup. depending on how my recruiting goes determines if i switch to a 4-3. i run a variety of offense schemes, just depends on who I get as a Oc. I like to use the Oc's Pb's more of a challenge and fun.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #8
Rookie

Crowned's Arena

OVR: 1

3-4 and I always use the FS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »