Home

pm83's NHL12 Attribute edits & Sliders

This is a discussion on pm83's NHL12 Attribute edits & Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-06-2011, 06:19 AM   #1
Rookie

pm83's Arena

OVR: 3
pm83's NHL12 Attribute edits & Sliders

Hi fellow members!

Lately I've been messing with attribute edits and have found something good for my taste of console hockey. So I thought to share edits & sliders and maybe someone else can also have good times with them. Because EA totally ruined offline season gaming this year I've been using my virtual hockey time on Play Now mode. So these are at least working on Play Now mode so I can't guarantee what kind of impact they have on different modes. I already had good games with my sliders earlier but tried to "fix" some areas of the game with edits. So here's what I've been cooking:

Puck control -40
Passing -40
Agility -40
Agressiveness +10
Discipline -30

(Editing takes about 15 mins / team)

Results:
- Because of decreased puck control and passing I've witnessed more loose pucks and turnovers. Players can now loose possession of the puck when taking tight turns (which is cool in my opinion, haha).

- Because of decreased passing cpu's passing accuracy has decreased about 10%. Before edits it was around 78-81 and now it's 65-71. More missed passes, more icing's, more offsides.

- Because of increased aggressiveness and decreased agility there's more hitting in the game. Players can't dodge hits that easily anymore. When you control player they feel heavier. All the players are more active by hitting and also with their sticks.

- Because of increased aggressiveness and decreased discipline there's more variation on penalties. Before edits most common (almost only) penalty with my sliders was interference. Now there's also boarding, slashing, tripping and hooking.

Sure these are all my observations and someone can call 'em BS. For someone who likes more run n' gun action with lots of dekes they won't work but for someone who likes more gritty, somewhat raw and set up stylish hockey they could work. I wish good games for you all!

------------------------------
Sliders for edits

Human and cpu will have same values in every part (fatigue recovery, shot accuracy etc.)

Rules
12-15 minutes (I use 12mins and shot totals are 20-30 for a team)
Penalties: Maxed
Post-whistle: Relaxed
Penalty time scaling: 3
Fighting: 2

GAMEPLAY SETTINGS

Basic
Skill level: All-Star
Game Style: Current

General
Tuner set: V1.00
Cpu aid: Hardcore
Broken stick freq: 4
Game speed: 1
Attribute effects: Maxed
Fatigue effect: 5
Fatigue recovery: 2
Injury occurrence: 5
Puck control: 0
Player acceleration: 3

AI
Created plays: User decide
AI learning: Maxed
Cpu diff. adjustment: 0
Cpu strategy adjustment: Maxed
Hum. strategy adjustment: 0
Cpu face-off difficulty: 4 to 6 (Depends on your skill. I prefer 4)
Fight difficulty: Maxed
Cpu penalties: Maxed
Cpu teammate penalties: Maxed

Passing
Pass assist: 0
Manual passing: On
Pass speed: 2
Saucer pass speed: 3
Pass accuracy: 1
Pass reception ease: 0
Pass interceptions: 0

Shooting
Shot accuracy: 1
Shot power: 3
Slap shot accuracy: 0
Slap shot power: 4
One-timer accuracy: 0

Checking
Hitting assistance: 0
Aggression: Maxed
Hitting power: 1
Stick lift effectiveness: 3
Poke effectiveness: 1

Goalies
Goalie passing: Maxed
Goalie cover puck frequency: Maxed
Goalie screen effect: Maxed
Goalie reaction speed: 0

------------------------------

I've been enjoying attribute editing since NHL 2K6 on Xbox. Someone finds massive editing frustrating but I've always been interested to make game better for my liking with edits. I remember that members at other forum did great job with goalie edits on 2K3 and it opened my eyes for bigger editing projects. It's always nice to hear how edits work, if someone has better ideas etc. So all the feedback is very welcome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: pm83's NHL12 Attribute edits & Sliders

Quote:
- Because of decreased passing cpu's passing accuracy has decreased about 10%. Before edits it was around 78-81 and now it's 65-71. More missed passes, more icing's, more offsides.
Offensive Awareness is tied to this, as is Hand Eye if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
- Because of increased aggressiveness and decreased agility there's more hitting in the game. Players can't dodge hits that easily anymore. When you control player they feel heavier. All the players are more active by hitting and also with their sticks.
If not mistaken Defensive Awareness plays a part in all this too. Basically what I'm saying is that you may just want to edit all players, except the superstars, down in all categories. EA seems to have alot of attributes that are tied together.The bad news is that edits pretty much gone down the tubes once you enter a season.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:16 AM   #3
Rookie

LiberNull's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Offensive Awareness is tied to this, as is Hand Eye if I'm not mistaken.
That Hand-eye is #1 skill when is comes to the ability to recieve passes (puck contreol might have some influence on that too, but not as much as hand-eye)... the higher it is the harder passes you can control. And Off. Aware is how quick and easily your player can gain control over lose pucks especially infront of net and in the corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
If not mistaken Defensive Awareness plays a part in all this too. Basically what I'm saying is that you may just want to edit all players, except the superstars, down in all categories. EA seems to have alot of attributes that are tied together.The bad news is that edits pretty much gone down the tubes once you enter a season.
Def. Aware is your players ability to intercept passes (low def. aware passes pretty much just go thru you like you weren't on the ice). and pick up lose lose pucks in your own end and infront of own goal. In my experince Def. Aware has no influence on hitting ability at all. That is all about agression, bodychecking and strength.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

I think this is a good idea, especially for puck control. I find that puck control in general is too high even with the slider at 0, so lowering every player's puck control attribute by 40 would maybe do the job that the slider can't do. I'll definitively try it and see how it works.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #5
Rookie

pm83's Arena

OVR: 3

Thanks Savoie and LiberNull for the info! For me those edits worked and I got what I needed. Now I could try that "hand eye" attribute to get game even more sloppier because earlier I thought that hand eye had something to do with deflections. Haha!

One thing I really like about edits I use is that players feel more balanced compared to default. I feel that they have more weight on their turns (less agility) so now they won't be gliding all over the place. Reminds me more of a 2K8 where momentum mattered.

Good to hear Al Tito13 if you are going to try some edits. Let me know what you found.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #6
Rookie

LiberNull's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm83
Thanks Savoie and LiberNull for the info! For me those edits worked and I got what I needed. Now I could try that "hand eye" attribute to get game even more sloppier because earlier I thought that hand eye had something to do with deflections. Haha!

One thing I really like about edits I use is that players feel more balanced compared to default. I feel that they have more weight on their turns (less agility) so now they won't be gliding all over the place. Reminds me more of a 2K8 where momentum mattered.

Good to hear Al Tito13 if you are going to try some edits. Let me know what you found.
Well Hand-eye also affects deflections too. But for for a long time I was also thought puck control was the main factor for picking up passes. Which at the time was my EASHL player's major. And then we found this on a blog...

http://www.thepensblog.com/eashl/xbo...planation.html

I doubt much has changed for NHL 12.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Special reason for playing with tuner 1.00?
Old 11-07-2011, 07:25 PM   #8
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

I tried it with puck control lowered by 40, but I thought it was maybe a little too drastic for my personal taste. To me, all players looked pretty similar one to another after the change, even best ones. So, I put back original attributes and lowered every player by 10. I wanted to start with it and continue lowering it if needed, but I didn't really had to. From what I saw, it works well so far, the best players with high puck control (who were in the 90s before change, now in the 80s) can still deke while players with lower attribute loose the puck more easily while deking, doing sharp turns or being slighty bumped. Thanks pm83 for the idea!

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 11-08-2011 at 04:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »