Home

Quick 2k12 Myplayer questions

This is a discussion on Quick 2k12 Myplayer questions within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-01-2011, 01:10 AM   #1
Rookie

yessam430's Arena

OVR: 0
Quick 2k12 Myplayer questions

Whats up OS community I have a couple questions concerning 2ks MyPlayer mode. Overall I'm loving this game and haven't really experienced all the glitches and cheese going on in the game. Maybe I don't pay attention to that stuff but whatever I digress. My questions are:

1) What attributes do I have to improve to get my player to dunk on people on fast breaks? I have a 6'5" Athletic SG with 91 dunk, 80 shoot in traffic, 99 vertical and like 53 strength. Every time I'm on the break and someone moves in front of me he switches his shot in mid-air. I play games offline and online and when I have that position with anyone else with a lower dunk rating they slam right on the defender, but why can't my player. Even when someone is in the post taking the charge it stops his dunk. I only ask because I'm running my association mode with OKC and James Harding dunks on EVERYONE and his ratings and size are similar to mine. First I thought it was because he was a rookie, but now I'm in my second season and still no dunkfaces. I mean I can still put up points and his layups are like a 90 as well so he gets it done down low, but dunking on someone is not happening.

2) My second question is nowhere near as long winded as my first. I was just wondering how long your first rookie contract is. Like I stated above I'm in my second season after a monster rookie campaign and I feel he should be getting paid more, but I haven't experienced negotiations yet.

If this is in the wrong spot just delete it. It's not that big of a deal either way really I was just curious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2011, 02:02 AM   #2
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Quick 2k12 Myplayer questions

I don't think I can really answer your first question since I play point and rarely dunk at all.. But I'd suggest upping your layup/dunk abilities. Don't be mad if I'm wrong.. Lol :P

I believe your rookie contract is 3 years with a team option. I basically simmed my first mp just to get a look at things and after my second season I was a Free Agent. I hope there's some kind of resign logic for MP mode for users. I'm averaging a monster double double in my rookie season, and don't wanna have to play 2 or 3 seasons to get a new contract.
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:19 AM   #3
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Dunking on people seems a bit random at times, could depend on the dunk selection you choose when you flick the right stick in a certain direction. Also the playstyle also plays a role...do you play casaul default or sim? Simulation will be the hardest to get a facial dunk but default is easier. As for your rookie contract its a 2 year contract. So you should be able to negociate after the 2nd season, I don't think my player has the team option for your contract
Old 11-01-2011, 03:17 AM   #4
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Also, if you play on simulation I find it really hard to dunk on fast breaks so if you want less contact on fast breaks/driving try default. You will see way less contact but the game become more fast paced and less fouls will be called.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 11-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
Rookie

yessam430's Arena

I play on default game style, but still no facials. I'm going to try and up his strengh and see if that gives him the ability to power through contact and get to the rim. It doesnt say anything about strenght having an effect on dunking ability, but it only makes sense seeing as I have upgraded everything I could think would play a factor. Thanks for all your responses I'll let everyone know after I play a few more games and get some skill points to play with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
Rookie

yessam430's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
Dunking on people seems a bit random at times, could depend on the dunk selection you choose when you flick the right stick in a certain direction. Also the playstyle also plays a role...do you play casaul default or sim? Simulation will be the hardest to get a facial dunk but default is easier. As for your rookie contract its a 2 year contract. So you should be able to negociate after the 2nd season, I don't think my player has the team option for your contract
Dunking on people is random, but I notice when I play online or head to head I get the right angle easily. I'll dunk on somebody like 4 times by the end of the game. But when playing the CPU everything has to be perfect.....or use LeBron.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Do you have a dunk package? Or do you pick custom dunks? Or... do you have both?!?!

If dunk package, like (L.James, Flight White), Then it may be harder to do traffic dunks... Thus, it's better to just pick custom dunks and custom dunks only...

If you have both, there is some sort of conflict, and he will just lay it up...

So make your own custom dunks in the list in "Edit Player"... And I believe you will see a lot more facials... Oh, and try getting your strength to 80... but do what I suggested, and tell me if you see a diff... same with strength, which I seem to be getting to the line more, with a high strength attribute...
Old 11-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #8
Rookie

yessam430's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanstheman
Do you have a dunk package? Or do you pick custom dunks? Or... do you have both?!?!

If dunk package, like (L.James, Flight White), Then it may be harder to do traffic dunks... Thus, it's better to just pick custom dunks and custom dunks only...

If you have both, there is some sort of conflict, and he will just lay it up...

So make your own custom dunks in the list in "Edit Player"... And I believe you will see a lot more facials... Oh, and try getting your strength to 80... but do what I suggested, and tell me if you see a diff... same with strength, which I seem to be getting to the line more, with a high strength attribute...
I'll try checking out my dunk package I really dont know which one I have. I thought you had to buy them in MyPlayer and I haven't brought any of them. I will check out my sig dunks and do what you said and see if it make a difference. Its going to take awhile for me to get my strength up that high.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »