Home

There needs to be a Composure In The Paint rating for little guys

This is a discussion on There needs to be a Composure In The Paint rating for little guys within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
Pro

TeddyKGB's Arena

OVR: 4
There needs to be a Composure In The Paint rating for little guys

IMO, especially in regards to the way the cpu plays, smalls are waaay too composed when they get in amongst the trees. They don't panic at all; they can practically come to a standstill in there and not have all the big bodies surrounding them affect their shot selection, ability to execute up-and-unders, or find little interior passes. Their vision isn't affected at all. Realistically, little guards should have a high chance of fumbling the ball, throwing up wild shots, and just making bad decisions in general. Intimidation doesn't seem to play a role at all.

Last edited by TeddyKGB; 10-29-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: There needs to be a Composure In The Paint rating for little guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKGB
IMO, especially in regards to the way the cpu plays, smalls are waaay too composed when they get in amongst the trees. They don't panic at all; they can practically come to a standstill in there and not have all the big bodies surrounding them effect their shot selection, ability to execute up-and-unders, or find little interior passes. Their vision isn't affected at all. Realistically, little guards should have a high chance of fumbling the ball, throwing up wild shots, and just making bad decisions in general. Intimidation doesn't seem to play a role at all.
Agree 100%. One of my biggest complaints with this game. Sometimes I see 3 different moves the cpu player will try and pull off in the paint.. I cut them at each move and somehow they are able to get off the best pass ever to a big like Tyson Chandler and he will nail that jumper either or open or contested a lot of the times.. frustrating!!
Old 10-30-2011, 02:12 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoNVA
Agree 100%. One of my biggest complaints with this game. Sometimes I see 3 different moves the cpu player will try and pull off in the paint.. I cut them at each move and somehow they are able to get off the best pass ever to a big like Tyson Chandler and he will nail that jumper either or open or contested a lot of the times.. frustrating!!
Not disagreeing with the thread, but was this point guard Jason Kidd?
Old 10-30-2011, 07:52 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Ramon Sessions did the dreamshake on me in the paint. Fooled Lopez and Humphries!
Old 10-30-2011, 10:54 AM   #5
Rookie

LA NOIR's Arena

OVR: 0

yea 2k definitely needs to make more ratings like contested inside,close,midrange and 3pt shots or something and also really make strength a reaction rating instead of a random bumping animation.kevin durant should not be making andrew bynum fall when there is contact in the paint.

ive seen to many small guys avoid blocks and lay the ball up like my bigs werent all in the paint
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2011, 12:18 PM   #6
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

100 percent agree with this thread.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #7
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

A tendency maybe, but a rating? Composure is one of the most subjective areas of sports. You don't need a rating to tell you that a 6'0" player shouldn't be dream shaking a 7'0" player in the post.

If post play was better and weight and height played their real life roles, then this wouldn't be a discussion. If a 5'9" player tried to dream shake Dwight Howard in real life then Dwight would just stand above them with his height and wait for the shot block. There would be no back down success for a 5'9" 160 lb player on a 7'0" 270 lb player and they would most likely lose ground and/or the ball.

As for ways to correct the frequency of this in the game, check the Abilities and Tendencies for players. Most guards SHOULD have Poor post abilities and extremely low, if not zero, tendencies to do certain moves in the post. Unfortunately by default this isn't the case and that explains a lot of the actions on the court. The problem isn't that they take those actions when configured incorrectly (that works as intended). The problem is the frequency of success of those moves when a player is obviously over-matched in the paint.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »