Home

Old 10-27-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Injurys???

I have the injury slider turned down to 15 and im still getting massive amounts of injurys every week. Does the injury slider not affect sim games???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Injurys???

No the slider does not help sim games. You said you have a massive amount of injuries every week, what is a massive amount? It is not uncommon for a team to have several players injured at the same time. In Madden its just different because they are either in or out. In the NFL you have probable, doutful, out, and questionable, so you don't see all the injuries every week. If they had this in the game you would see players playing injured and not think anything of it. Of course they had it at one time and took it out of the game, which as we all know EA loves to do, add something good and then take it away.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:58 AM   #3
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
No the slider does not help sim games. You said you have a massive amount of injuries every week, what is a massive amount? It is not uncommon for a team to have several players injured at the same time. In Madden its just different because they are either in or out. In the NFL you have probable, doutful, out, and questionable, so you don't see all the injuries every week. If they had this in the game you would see players playing injured and not think anything of it. Of course they had it at one time and took it out of the game, which as we all know EA loves to do, add something good and then take it away.
No he's talking about he massive amounts of injuries, that are way more severe than in real life. The biggest problem being not the number of inuries but the severity of thsoe injuries. Many people are complaining about this.

There is nothing you can do about it OP... other than turning injuries OFF all-together.

check this thread out.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-injuries.html
Old 10-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
No he's talking about he massive amounts of injuries, that are way more severe than in real life. The biggest problem being not the number of inuries but the severity of thsoe injuries. Many people are complaining about this.

There is nothing you can do about it OP... other than turning injuries OFF all-together.

check this thread out.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-injuries.html

I understand what you are saying, but he said massive amount of injuries, the not severity of them. So that is what I answered.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im actually talking about both. The amount of injuries and the severity. After 3 weeks in my firstb season I have (league wide) 20 players out for the season. I know that this happens IRL but the difference is, as stated earlier, players play with injuries. Players in Madden are either in or out.

Thanks for the answers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #6
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftwco
Im actually talking about both. The amount of injuries and the severity. After 3 weeks in my firstb season I have (league wide) 20 players out for the season. I know that this happens IRL but the difference is, as stated earlier, players play with injuries. Players in Madden are either in or out.

Thanks for the answers!
Yeah, each week you can expect anywhere from 6-7 players to go down for the season. (either on IR or with 12+ week injuries.)

That is waaaayyy more severe than in real life. It's almost laughable they wouldnt notice this through QA testing and 2 patches...

To make a point, you have had 20 guys go down for the season in 3 weeks. Here is the list of IR guys from ESPN.com who have gone down since the season started. This is through 7 weeks of real life football.

Chad Henne*, Mia QB IR
Tim Hightower*, Wsh RB IR
Kenny Britt*, Ten WR IR
Earnest Graham*, TB RB IR
Josh Morgan*, SF WR IR
Kerry Collins*, Ind QB IR
Ovie Mughelli*, Atl RB IR
Jamaal Charles*, KC RB IR
Zach Miller*, Jac TE IR
Chris Cooley*, Wsh TE IR
Danny Amendola*, StL WR IR
Jeff Cumberland*, NYJ TE IR
Roscoe Parrish*, Buf WR IR
Jordan Shipley*, Cin WR IR

That's 14 guys in 7 weeks. So you could say on average 2 guys go out for the season each week. You saw 20 in 3 weeks, That's almost 7 a week!! (the same rate I am seeing.)

Thats insane!

In Madden simmed games injuries are literally 3 times as severe as in real life!

I cant say how much stuff like this burns my bottom. Either EA dev guys dont check the results of simmed games well enough in testing, or they dont understand football.

Either way it's pretty lame. You more or less have to turn injuries off/on in Madden just to get somewhat realistic results.

I mean seriously... through QA and 2 patches this wasnt fixed?

Laughable.

This is a perfect example of why I NEVER pay full price for Madden. (or 2K's baseball game for that matter.) I always buy it used, and I always will. I will not support their poorly tested product since I have no choice but buy their game due to exclusive licenses.

But Im getting off topic here...

Just turn injuries off :P
Old 10-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Yeah, each week you can expect anywhere from 6-7 players to go down for the season. (either on IR or with 12+ week injuries.)

That is waaaayyy more severe than in real life. It's almost laughable they wouldnt notice this through QA testing and 2 patches...

To make a point, you have had 20 guys go down for the season in 3 weeks. Here is the list of IR guys from ESPN.com who have gone down since the season started. This is through 7 weeks of real life football.

Chad Henne*, Mia QB IR
Kenny Britt*, Ten WR IR
Josh Morgan*, SF WR IR
Zach Miller*, Jac TE IR
Chris Cooley*, Wsh TE IR

That's 14 guys in 7 weeks. So you could say on average 2 guys go out for the season each week. You saw 20 in 3 weeks, That's almost 7 a week!! (the same rate I am seeing.)

Thats insane!

In Madden simmed games injuries are literally 3 times as severe as in real life!

I cant say how much stuff like this burns my bottom. Either EA dev guys dont check the results of simmed games well enough in testing, or they dont understand football.

Either way it's pretty lame. You more or less have to turn injuries off/on in Madden just to get somewhat realistic results.

I mean seriously... through QA and 2 patches this wasnt fixed?

Laughable.

This is a perfect example of why I NEVER pay full price for Madden. (or 2K's baseball game for that matter.) I always buy it used, and I always will. I will not support their poorly tested product since I have no choice but buy their game due to exclusive licenses.

But Im getting off topic here...

Just turn injuries off :P
theres alot more the 20 people on ir
afc
the bills 8
dolphins 3
pats 7
jets 6
ravens 4
bengals 3
browns 4
steelers 4
texans 8
colts 7
jags 10
titans 3
broncos 7
chiefs 6
raiders 5
chargers 6
nfc
cowbys 2
giants 5
eagles 2
redskins 4
bears 1
lions 4
packers 3
vikings 2
falcons 2
panthers 10
saints 4
bucs 5
cards 5
rams 5
49ers 5
seahawks 7

thats 157 players on ir for the whole league
Old 10-28-2011, 06:41 PM   #8
Rookie

tiloj's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

Chad Henne*, Mia QB IR
Kenny Britt*, Ten WR IR
Josh Morgan*, SF WR IR
Zach Miller*, Jac TE IR
Chris Cooley*, Wsh TE IR

Thats insane!

Definitely wrong, the poster below this post was correct about injury frequency (14 on IR vs 157). No doubt you have to turn injuries off at least some of the games to get any kind of realism though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »