Home

The level of Cheese by the CPU is rediculus

This is a discussion on The level of Cheese by the CPU is rediculus within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
The level of Cheese by the CPU is rediculus

I know this kind of thread has been made countless times. Close it if you like but this is a game breaker. I can already see the typical "stop whining, lower the difficult" posers

The CPU just does whatever it takes to win. I just recently played a exhibition game where Dwight would take post shots from the key and drain em. He took 5 and didn't miss 1. While I couldn't hit mid range with Kevin Garrett

But the thing that really made me quit the game and put the controller down is the cheating on passes. Someone could be wide open, but as soon (and i mean As SOON) as you press the pass button a defender would run to the open guy. Your man would be stuck in a 3 sec long animation and TO.

The funny thing is that 2K has NEVER Publicly admit to cheating A.I. And they cant tell me the never experienced it themselves (they have to play the game right?)

The B.S is completely predictable too. You will be in a close game until something really stupid happens--and you know things are going downhill after that. Usually happens around the 3rd going into 4th where your guys get really stupid. They leave 3 point shooters open, A.I gets foul calls on their bad plays, They cant miss a thing.

I just wanted to get my thoughts out but i could go on and on and on. Once someone from 2K studios acknowledges this craziness ill be at peace. But this has been happening for 4-5 installments. And its enough for me to quit this game all together (or maybe its not)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
Rookie

Ricanlegend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The level of Cheese by the CPU is rediculus

Practice practice practice i had all this problem when i got this game when it came out but with enough practice and passing the ball with the right analog stick i dont have this problem.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Playing offline I lower the play passing lanes slider a bit and it helps.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree with you. And I know there are plenty of people out there to tell you how to play the game, but we're all well aware of how to play, but acknowledge that the CPU does cheat.

All of the strategy and careful gameplay is never applied by the CPU, if they need a rebound they get it, if they need a big shot they get it, if they need a turnover they get it. I was just playing a game, had an 8 point lead all of a sudden my smart shots and gameplay are no longer good enough. Nothing was going in. And of course the CPU hits everything, and the shots they miss magically get rebounded by their players and put back.

All the strategy, planning and playing smart are fine but after a while there's only so much you can do about it.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2

Sliders are your friend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

So is your spelling of 'ridiculous'....
Old 10-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #7
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

I believe everything ties into the player attributes and the tendencies. I really do, everything is way off and needs to be done.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:19 PM   #8
Rookie

the CPU on OA is straight cheese. causing you cant change the sliders and you forced to play this CPU teams who dont miss with anyone and intercept passes AS SOON as they are thrown. crazy. when it comes to the CPU the player's ratings are thrown out of the window they just make everything. and dont tell me to change my sliders. i play OA exclusively

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »