Home

NBA 2k12 Detailed Playbook Breakdown(Preview)

This is a discussion on NBA 2k12 Detailed Playbook Breakdown(Preview) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-27-2011, 01:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2k12 Detailed Playbook Breakdown(Preview)

Hey Everyone. I am currently studying all the playbooks in the game. I frequently use plays during my games. I also use freestyle offense half the time. I want to make a playbook reference guide for each team by player in order of Overall Rating. This is a preview on what I have started for the Dallas Mavericks and Dirk Nowitzki(down below). If anybody thinks I should continue on with this and has a team they would like me to make a breakdown for I would love to. I was inspired to do this after seeing Da Czar's video breakdowns. They are awesome, but always leaving me wanting more. Hopefully with every team I post discussions could go down onto which plays work best and start strategy discussions for each team in the league. This lockout sucks and hopefully this could help our gaming experience.

Dirk Nowitzkifficeffice" />>>
Page 1
Dal 4 High Ice----------Mid-Range Dal 3 Iso------------------Mid-Range Dal 4 Clear Power---Low Post Dal 1 Angle(S)---------Pick&Roll Dal 4 Pick Ice----------Pick&Pop
Page 2
Dal 3 Side Iso----------3 Pointer
Dal Cross Post---------Low Post
Dal Duce Squeeze---Pick&Pop
Dal Swing Iso---------Mid Range
Mavs 14 Iso-----------Mid-Range

Page 3
Dal Cross Post 2-----Low Post
Dal Heat Killer(S)---Mid Range
Mavs 24 Ice----------Mid-Range
Mavs 14 Ice----------3 Pointer
Dal P Dirty------------Low Post

Page 4
Dal Heat Killer 2---Mid Range
Sas 25 Hi Post------Low Post
Dal Punch-----------Low Post
Mavs 41 Gut--------Pick&Pop
CHA Hi 3--------------Mid-Range

Page 5
Dal Quick Brush---Low Post>>
Dal 4 High Ice—PG will set up on the wing, Dirk will establish post position in the circle.>>
Branch: If Dirk is covered well push closer to the wing, Dirk will reset to the top of the key in 3 point position.>>
>>
Dal 3 Iso – PG will set up on the wing with Dirk in the post. PG will pass the ball around the perimeter to Dirk who is moving through a pick by the SF and spotting up just inside the 3 pt line on the opposite side. >>
>>
Dal 4 Clear Power –PG will set up near the top of the key. Dirk will set a screen for the SG to pop out on the wing for 3.Pass to the SG. If no shot is available Dirk will be in post position.>>
Branch: If Dirk is fronted in the post, move towards the top of the key. Dirk will pop out just inside the 3 pt line.>>
>>

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2011, 02:43 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2k12 Detailed Playbook Breakdown(Preview)

Sounds like a great idea.
Would be nice to have Orlando Magic's playbook done.
Houston Rockets
Boston College Eagles
Old 10-27-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
Rookie

great idea. im lucky to where i sit at a computer for 12 hours at work and i got unlimited acces to the net. always wished i could look at every teams playbook while i was at work for some new plays i might add to my game. a video demo is better than some paragraphs but ill take whatever i can get. every playbook would be appreciated but whatever you can give is good with me. i play to win but i despise lead passing and posting bigs directly under the rim. i prefer running plays and slowing the game down but it always depends on the opponent's defensive skills and the score. great idea man.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #4
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Awesome work
Old 10-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #5
Pro

GSWarriors9's Arena

OVR: 6

Cool idea, do the Warriors next if your looking for a team to do
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2011, 06:44 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Wondering if you've done any detailed playbook breakdown on any team yet? Let's hear from you dude! Still waiting for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor527
Hey Everyone. I am currently studying all the playbooks in the game. I frequently use plays during my games. I also use freestyle offense half the time. I want to make a playbook reference guide for each team by player in order of Overall Rating. This is a preview on what I have started for the Dallas Mavericks and Dirk Nowitzki(down below). If anybody thinks I should continue on with this and has a team they would like me to make a breakdown for I would love to. I was inspired to do this after seeing Da Czar's video breakdowns. They are awesome, but always leaving me wanting more. Hopefully with every team I post discussions could go down onto which plays work best and start strategy discussions for each team in the league. This lockout sucks and hopefully this could help our gaming experience.

Dirk Nowitzkifficeffice" />>>

Page 1
Dal 4 High Ice----------Mid-Range Dal 3 Iso------------------Mid-Range Dal 4 Clear Power---Low Post Dal 1 Angle(S)---------Pick&Roll Dal 4 Pick Ice----------Pick&Pop
Page 2
Dal 3 Side Iso----------3 Pointer
Dal Cross Post---------Low Post
Dal Duce Squeeze---Pick&Pop
Dal Swing Iso---------Mid Range
Mavs 14 Iso-----------Mid-Range

Page 3
Dal Cross Post 2-----Low Post
Dal Heat Killer(S)---Mid Range
Mavs 24 Ice----------Mid-Range
Mavs 14 Ice----------3 Pointer
Dal P Dirty------------Low Post

Page 4
Dal Heat Killer 2---Mid Range
Sas 25 Hi Post------Low Post
Dal Punch-----------Low Post
Mavs 41 Gut--------Pick&Pop
CHA Hi 3--------------Mid-Range

Page 5
Dal Quick Brush---Low Post>>

Dal 4 High Ice—PG will set up on the wing, Dirk will establish post position in the circle.>>
Branch: If Dirk is covered well push closer to the wing, Dirk will reset to the top of the key in 3 point position.>>
>>
Dal 3 Iso – PG will set up on the wing with Dirk in the post. PG will pass the ball around the perimeter to Dirk who is moving through a pick by the SF and spotting up just inside the 3 pt line on the opposite side. >>
>>
Dal 4 Clear Power –PG will set up near the top of the key. Dirk will set a screen for the SG to pop out on the wing for 3.Pass to the SG. If no shot is available Dirk will be in post position.>>
Branch: If Dirk is fronted in the post, move towards the top of the key. Dirk will pop out just inside the 3 pt line.>>
>>

Houston Rockets
Boston College Eagles
Old 11-16-2011, 08:45 AM   #7
Rookie

Not related but wish they'd let us sort the plays. By strategy like Horns, Princeton...etc. By type like P&R, post, cutter...etc. Search by name. Would make playbook editing a LOT easier.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #8
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

I think it would be a better idea to do a breakdown of play schemes since that is what really gives you the understanding of how plays are run rather than memorizing 400 different names for plays.

Every play is just a combination of players involved, location, actions, and movement.

Example: Mavs 41 Gut (one of the broken plays in the game by the way)

The 4 represents the Roll Man, the 1 represents the Ball Handler, and Gut represents the location and style of the P&R.

The same logic will apply to every 41 play and every Gut play.

Putting these pieces together will always let you know what kind of action is taking place when looking at playbooks in-game without having to sit in practice mode for days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »