Home

Old 10-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Global Editor

EA, here is the deal. I've played NCAA obsessively since it's inception. I might play other games for 1-2 months. The rest of the year it's NCAA, always has, always will be. I remember scrambling around with Tommy Frazier. I remember running 100 yard circles around the defense with Michael Vick. You have a game each year that is close. Lately, it's becoming apparent that the first release must be patched. Been that way since next gen started. Glaring mistakes aside, IE tendency switch, you produce a game each year that gives the community to tweak and alter, usually producing a very fun and immersing experience.

So I ask you this. Rather then break the wheel, introduce new features (reintroduce old features), follow the same strategy as always. Please just fix the glaring problems with this years game. Tendency problems, Option problems, Freeze problems. Spend half the year making sure we have no unfix-able, unplayable problems. Then add global ratings player editor. One that can be accessed at the end of each year of dynasty. I promise you, the community will do the rest to ensure this is the greatest football simulation of all time. For the rest of the people who like things without all the sim tweaks, great, they will be able to do things the same way they have for the last decade.

It is that simple. GLOBAL EDITOR, accessible at the end of each year in dynasty= Best football simulation of all time. We will do it for you. Just give us the chance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Global Editor

the only problm with your post is you put a limit on when the global editor can be used, stop it already with the limits on things, global editor accessable at ANYTIME.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

Yes...could really use a Global Editor now, with the re-edits we are doing to the roster.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

You got my vote on this. I cant imagine what a time saver this would be.

Last edited by SonOfEd; 10-26-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:19 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
the only problm with your post is you put a limit on when the global editor can be used, stop it already with the limits on things, global editor accessable at ANYTIME.
Agreed.....I have no idea why people really care when someone should be able to edit something. If I want to delete a player, create a player, edit a player, just let me do it when I want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #6
Rookie

I agree. I'm for full editing of everything. I want to be able to drop a teams prestige from 6 to 2 stars or change a conference's prestige from D+ to A whenever I want. I wish Ea would give us more control of our game.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
Rookie

It's clear to me and the hours I put in, and I'm far from unique, that the community will go to incredible lengths to get a game to play the way it needs to be played. In football games very few have come right out the box at that level over the last 15 years. Maybe 2 or 3, others have had AI Sliders and logic that allow us to get pretty darn close. But lately were regressing, and it's not a slow regression. Things just don't work that make all our efforts in vain.

In the early 90's I played a CPU game, Front Page Sports pro football. Everything was able to be edited. Literally everything. If it wasn't people created an application to allow you to do so. It was one of the most immersing football simulations of all time. EA needs to understand that they just need to provide us a functional, clean game, the masses will have no problem with similar versions released over the years. But the die hard people like me and so many others, we wan't a customized experience. One that simulates football as closely as possible. Those die hard people will spread the word and sales will boom.

Global editing is it. It is the easiest feature to implement, it solves everything. Not enough pass rush? Ok, globally edit the lineman to a certain minimum and maximum. QB's to accurate? DB's playing to tight, not tight enough. Recruiting classes to low, to high. The benefits of a global editor (corrected from original post) at any time, would make the game I have right now, flawed as it is, one of the best football games of all time. Imagine if the option, tendency, and other bugs were fixed? It's just so simple, a basic programmer could accomplish it. I don't expect we will see it. But for the love of god it would be football heaven.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:51 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgod09
It's clear to me and the hours I put in, and I'm far from unique, that the community will go to incredible lengths to get a game to play the way it needs to be played. In football games very few have come right out the box at that level over the last 15 years. Maybe 2 or 3, others have had AI Sliders and logic that allow us to get pretty darn close. But lately were regressing, and it's not a slow regression. Things just don't work that make all our efforts in vain.

In the early 90's I played a CPU game, Front Page Sports pro football. Everything was able to be edited. Literally everything. If it wasn't people created an application to allow you to do so. It was one of the most immersing football simulations of all time. EA needs to understand that they just need to provide us a functional, clean game, the masses will have no problem with similar versions released over the years. But the die hard people like me and so many others, we wan't a customized experience. One that simulates football as closely as possible. Those die hard people will spread the word and sales will boom.

Global editing is it. It is the easiest feature to implement, it solves everything. Not enough pass rush? Ok, globally edit the lineman to a certain minimum and maximum. QB's to accurate? DB's playing to tight, not tight enough. Recruiting classes to low, to high. The benefits of a global editor (corrected from original post) at any time, would make the game I have right now, flawed as it is, one of the best football games of all time. Imagine if the option, tendency, and other bugs were fixed? It's just so simple, a basic programmer could accomplish it. I don't expect we will see it. But for the love of god it would be football heaven.
I have to agree with this, as I also had Front Page. A truly outstanding game for its day.

But now it has come to this. I have spent so many hrs editing this roster, and we (me & sundown), are about 1/2 way done I think. If we had this type of editor, who knows of the game changes we could make, or anyone willing to edit could make.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »