Home

Why does the CPU slow me down on fastbreaks?

This is a discussion on Why does the CPU slow me down on fastbreaks? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Why does the CPU slow me down on fastbreaks?

Geez man this crap really annoys me. Brian Russel was ahead of Brent barry like a good 5 steps...
I was dribbling the ball with stockton. I pass to brian russel then all of a sudden brian stops and does this weird herky jerky motion and lets brent barry get past him and stop him dead on his tracks..

i threw my controller at the freaking wall because this has happened to me way too many times already

IS THERE A SLIDER THAT PREVENTS THE CPU FROM MAKING MY PLAYERS SLOW DOWN ON FAST BREAKS?? This thing is getting on my freaking nerves already
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Why does the CPU slow me down on fastbreaks?

I think I know what you're talking about, but I'm not entirely sure. A good thing to try might be the icon lead pass. It doesn't eliminate all momentum issues, but it seems like it can help sometimes. I agree though, sometimes the hitch that occurs as a player is receiving an accurate pass can be quite irritating.

Also, I have to guess you're talking about Jon Barry, not Brent (assuming it's the Jazz/Lakers challenge).
Old 10-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

Yes, I'm talking about the hitch..
it just baffles me why 2k has made it almost impossible to execute a clean fastbreak.

I always feel i have to hurry to finish a fastbreak. The point guards on the other freaking team try to challenge a dunk on a fast break. SO unrealistic..

The guy ahead of the pack on the fast break always has to slow down to catch the pass....
Old 10-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

It's faulty programming within the game. I've noticed this too, but only on All-Star and above. Some people thought I was seeing things when I made my "Translation of Difficulty" thread, calling my findings "absurd."

I've seen on too many instances where I have a clear path to the basket with a quick point guard, such as a Darren Collison or a Jrue Holiday, and their momentum literally stops just so the CPU can catch up and get in position to defend.

I wish I had a PVR to show it because that seems to be the only way to convince the skeptics otherwise.

Last edited by Mos1ted; 10-26-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
Banned

TheAlmighty's Arena

OVR: 0

Happens all the time. Too many dunks blocked from behind too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 3

I have something else to add to this as well. How many of you have actually seen the cpu defender actually hover in front of you? This happens when you have a one on one iso and that think you are going to finish because you have your defender beat. But, next thing you know the cpu defender will hover and teleport in front of you out of no where. There is so much bs put into cpu defense this year that it makes me angry beyond words too.

*Centers running just as fast as pg
*pgs blocking dunks on PFs
*the over the top bumping
*player falling on the ground to much from contact no foul calls
*just getting hacked left and right with no calls

I honestly think they did all this to make the game challenging without really thinking to much about it. But, someone forgot to ask the question how is any of this sim or even real? Fine make it challenging and take away the dunks, the iso motions, the inside the pint game, force us shoot jump shots all day, and force us to miss lay ups, and be a layup first over dunk player. Again though how is this fun or real?

I don't get it fellas and you know the posts are coming where they will read "you need more practice" lol I really don't because I win all my games. I'm just not having fun. The whole game is lop sided and unbalanced. Some can adjust sliders and my players users are forced to play as is even without online options.

Last edited by Celtic1; 10-26-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

this is my biggest problem on Hall of Fame mode. I noticed on Superstar they don't get back as fast, kinda like the team you're controlling when the CPU runs a fast break.

It's like Madden and their pursuit speed
Old 10-26-2011, 04:58 PM   #8
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

My issues in fastbreak is CPU's automatic deflection hands.

If you think you can get a easy lay in in 2 vs 1 fastbreak play, think again.

The CPU will play the middle (which he's supposed to), but the thing that bothers me is their hands has a magnet for the ball or something. You can't do give on go for a easy bucket, you just cant. They always deflect the ball.

Yes, I lowered the "Hands" sliders too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »