Home

Rebuilding the Dolphins

This is a discussion on Rebuilding the Dolphins within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
Pro

yankees028's Arena

OVR: 0
Rebuilding the Dolphins

I searched some of the other threads but they where very unrealistic trades and such. I was wondering what some of you guys felt some moves that should be made.

• Possible trades "normally I keep them VERY small"
  • Players being dumped for picks
  • Possible experiments ex. Bush at WR

Two things I'm sure of I would really like to go through my first season with Billy Volek as my starter. Always have been a fan of him just seems w.e team he goes to they always tab him as the backup before even giving him a run.

Also I'm not a big fan of Marshall I know he is a big name player for him I have just never been highly on him.

What are some things you guys think? They have a very soild LB core and a pretty decent OL I think after a rocky first season and some soild drafting could be a very fun rebuild

Former COD Pro / Streamer: xSiQx / CSn1pe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Rebuilding the Dolphins

Volek would be interesting for sure. I've always brushed him aside and considered him merely a back up as well. After doing some research though, he isn't so bad stat-wise, his Pass TD-Int ratio is roughly 2:1, and has a solid QB rating of 85. He is getting up there age-wise though, 35 I believe, so he would not be a permanent solution for sure.

Depending on the direction you want to head with this team, trading Marshall for some picks and/or some help in your secondary could get you on the right foot, but leaves you with no playmaker on the offense really.

Although a divison rival, a possible trade with the Bills involving Marshall would make sense for both teams, and the Bills have a plethora of talented corners and safeties that could bolster your defense. May be able to squeeze a pick or two from them as well.

Perhaps this move dumping Marshall would open up the possibility for Bush to become a WR, and thus becoming your big play threat. This would also allow Daniel Thomas to flourish as the #1 back and would help his growth.

I'm interested to see how this works out for you
Old 10-24-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

When Reggie goes to WR i think he goes up to about an 80 something. I did it in my chise and he went up to about an 83 I think. Also, don't get rid of Langford, he turned into a sack machine for me after like 2 years, with cpu pass blocking at 75 he had 18 sacks after 9 games.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
Pro

yankees028's Arena

you think alot like I do. Ya I have really liked Volek since he started 10 games in 04 and did a good job just seems he is overlooked alot.

A trade I was thinking about was Marshall for a starting RB possible a Jackson or a Drew? Normally I wouldnt go this route for big name players. But in the case it would really improve both teams WR and help out a young QB. Mainly with Bradford it would really give the Rams a huge boost in WR Marshall + Loyd....

Old 10-24-2011, 07:42 PM   #5
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

here is what i did in my Phins Chise.

year 1 i started Henne the whole first year, but he didnt do great, 25 TDs, 24 INTs. i ran a three headed backfield, gave Thomas about 45% of the carries, Reggie 35%, and Slaton about 20% of carries a game. while playing Bush in a lot of WR sets. Marshall was my top WR, Bush was my second best then Bess.

in the offseason i drafted an 83 ovr, A potential QB in round 1 named Mike Wesley, he won the position battle in the preseason(well i only played 1 preseason game, and then some snaps in practice mode with each one and Wesley played better) i also drafted another QB in round 6 named Joe Spain, he is 77 ovr, B potential(i think, maybe A as well) he has 89 speed, 90 agility, 92 acc, pretty much a vince young type QB, i use him in wildcat and just to sub in a few times a game, much like the eagles used vick in his first year back. then i decided to trade henne, i think for a 3rd and a 5th, not exactly sure though. i traded him because in real life it would be a very awkward situation in the locker room if they drafted 2 young high potential players and benched him instead of letting him go. i gave him to the Skins i think who have Garrard starting now.

then with my RB and WRs i did this. i drafted a Darren Sproles like RB named Joeseph(cant remember first name right now), and i mean pretty much exactly darren sproles, fast, quick, good hands and short at 5'7. Thomas is my lead back, Thomas and Joeseph split time about 60/40 though, with Thomas getting the majority. then since Joeseph pretty much replaced Bush in the backfield(since Joeseph is almost as fast, good catching, and much less injury prone) i moved Bush to WR full time, he is an 84 ovr. i also signed Anquan Boldin in free agency, he just gives me a guy to line up opposite Marshall and some veteran experience at WR, which is nice. this puts my WRs like this: Marshall and Boldin on the outside, Bush in the slot, and Bess and Hartline for 4 and 5 WR sets. i think i may trade Bess and create a little make believe story line that he is acting out and complaining because going into this year he thought he would be the #2 WR, but got moved down to #4 and is angry.

other than that i drafted a nice DT who is a beast, but injury prone. other than that i just pretty much beefed up my O-line in the draft and FA, and got a little more depth at some positions.

i noticed you said you might wanna dump marshall. i say don't because he is a beast on this game(as is any WR above 6'3 with decent hands and jumping) but it wouldnt be completely out there to trade him. i mean in real life he acts out, gets in trouble, and is sorta a T.O type WR, i mean he casued some controversy and wanted to leave Denver, would make sense for him to do the same here.

anyway, idk if this helps at all, just maybe gives you some ideas of what i did in mine. i didnt make any blockbuster trades or too many unrealistic moves, just pretty much built off of what they had.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #6
Pro

yankees028's Arena

Nice read.

Similar to the approach I'm taking main difference is I'm going to have Volek be the QB for the season and Henne will be the backup.

As for the Marshall my focus was mainly to trade him for a RB. Then I thought of the two teams that would do that to help out there current situation. I thought of the Rams and with Marshall on there team we have another greatest show on turf possibly in 2-3 seasons with that core group.

Getting Jackson would then make the Dolphins a run first team the first season and also provide a young QB in the draft not to have to make big time throws and progress.

The rest I would fill in with underrated guys that are ranked lowly then I know produce whether its on special teams of if a injuries occurs

Old 10-24-2011, 08:17 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I do like your idea of trading for S-Jackson , but I don't know if the rams would want to give him up for a receiver since he's the heart of their O and they don't have a run game without him.

What about Blount+pick from TB, they could still run without him and Marshall would be good for Freeman and that offense

Blount is good for you because he's younger than Jackson and could be an offensive weapon for years to come
Old 10-24-2011, 08:28 PM   #8
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees028
I searched some of the other threads but they where very unrealistic trades and such. I was wondering what some of you guys felt some moves that should be made.

• Possible trades "normally I keep them VERY small"
  • Players being dumped for picks
  • Possible experiments ex. Bush at WR

Two things I'm sure of I would really like to go through my first season with Billy Volek as my starter. Always have been a fan of him just seems w.e team he goes to they always tab him as the backup before even giving him a run.

Also I'm not a big fan of Marshall I know he is a big name player for him I have just never been highly on him.

What are some things you guys think? They have a very soild LB core and a pretty decent OL I think after a rocky first season and some soild drafting could be a very fun rebuild
Well if you want to get an elite RB in a REALISTIC trade, I've got one for you.

Before the trade deadline, I read somewhere that Matt Forte was available for trade, but the Bears did not get any calls for him. Well, maybe you should make the Dolphins dial that number!

Send the Bears Brandon Marshall, one of your RBs, and a draft pick (Probably about a 3rd rounder) to the Bears for Matt Forte. Everybody wins!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »