Home

Why So much hate ?

This is a discussion on Why So much hate ? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
Banned

THEone86's Arena

OVR: 2
Why So much hate ?

Seems like there's no convincing people.

It looks like I got the only GOOD Copy of the game on the planet , or people make it seem that way.

I don't know if I bought a different copy than everyone else, or what... But every problem I had with the game (I'm an offline gamer) Has been fixable with game sliders or settings.

It makes me slam my head against a wall every time I see "2k11 is better than 2k12" Hah. No. Not even close people.

My only gripe about the game is My Player , They have an amazing idea here. The only problem is instead of fixing the stupid A.I. , They just add more and more gimmicks and little features that have nothing to do with the gameplay itself.

But I usually play Association more than anything anyway so... I guess I'll keep going up to bat for this game, but no one seems to see how great it is, and i never understand why.

Maybe It's my Larry Bird Cover.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Why So much hate ?

Old 10-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

cause we not happy with all this problems and why a lot of good stuff that was apart of 2k is no longer there.

Like checking the heat/cold,stats on the fly etc, but i can go on all day with the amount of problems in this game compare to 2k11
Old 10-23-2011, 01:56 PM   #4
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Best sports game I've played yet. I think a lot of the negative reaction is overblown and misplaced anger. Some people are mad because they simply don't understand all of the nuances of the game yet, but that anger will go away with time and especially if guys like Da_Czar keep posting videos disproving the myths out there. The other anger is due to the many AI roster problems plaguing My Player and Association, but I see no reason why this isn't rather easy to patch so it's probably short term as well. The 3PT shooting online and in My Player is the easiest problem to fix and again an overblown concern in the long run.

I'll just wait for the first true patch before sounding off on everything that's wrong with this game.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #5
Banned

THEone86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyFan
cause we not happy with all this problems and why a lot of good stuff that was apart of 2k is no longer there.

Like checking the heat/cold,stats on the fly etc, but i can go on all day with the amount of problems in this game compare to 2k11
Really? Stuff like that is the source of all this anger and hate? Let me see, when I saw that I couldn't check stats on the fly, my reaction was. "Awghh. That's a bummer." But If little things like that make people want to return the game, then they're just stupid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

I'm with you OP, I see SO much whining and crying about this game, I just don't get it. Like the people claiming the CPU automatically shoots lights out every second and fourth quarter. Huh? I simply have not seen that. I played three straight games against the CPU last night to test and it never happened once.

Mind you, I'm NOT saying this game is perfect. It certainly has some SMALL issues (MyPlayer aside), but it's the best sports game I've ever owned. I'm having a blast.

I'm guess I'm just not smart enough to notice all the bad things - and for that, I'm happy.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEone86
Really? Stuff like that is the source of all this anger and hate? Let me see, when I saw that I couldn't check stats on the fly, my reaction was. "Awghh. That's a bummer." But If little things like that make people want to return the game, then they're just stupid.
like i said i was just using that as a example and can go on for days with all the problems from offline and lets not even talk about online
Old 10-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #8
Banned

THEone86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
I'm with you OP, I see SO much whining and crying about this game, I just don't get it. Like the people claiming the CPU automatically shoots lights out every second and fourth quarter. Huh? I simply have not seen that. I played three straight games against the CPU last night to test and it never happened once.

This is because people don't play proper defense. They reach every 2 seconds, and can't stay in front of people, then say things about how bad defense is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »