Home

Auto Kick AFK Players + Goalie boot option in OTP

This is a discussion on Auto Kick AFK Players + Goalie boot option in OTP within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-21-2011, 05:22 AM   #1
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
Auto Kick AFK Players + Goalie boot option in OTP

Just played some of the most infuriating OTP games tonight. Why EA doesn't let you kick goalies is beyond me. I'm sick of having stupid human controlled goalies screwing you and your team over by letting in weak goals. Why can we kick goalies in FIFA 12 but not in NHL 12? It's the exact same concept. A human goalie defending a net. But yet, here we are 4 years into the OTP/ EASHL era, and we have YET to have a goalie boot option in this game? What a joke. What's are the NHL dev's afraid of? Hurting everyone's feelings? Booting goalies before they even get a chance to play? If you're afraid of that, then have it so that it they can't be booted before they let two goals in. It's just boggles my mind why they don't have something like this, especially for OTP games.

---------------

Also in FIFA 12, why is it, when a guy is AFK, the CPU controls him after 30 seconds, then after another 30'ish seconds, the human player gets auto booted? But in NHL 12, the human player can literally stand on the ice for the full 60 mins of in game time, and not get booted or replaced by CPU A.I? I've had numerous times where a human defencemen will just stand there, and the other team has countless break aways or odd man rushes.....

Honestly?! I've been playing FIFA 12 10x more than NHL 12 just from these little reasons alone. NHL dev's will add pointless games modes and things that aren't needed, but they won't add necessary things for online play that the FIFA franchise has had for years, into their own game. Pathetic.

Last edited by SinisterAlex; 10-24-2011 at 05:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2011, 10:59 PM   #2
Banned

oldrockinguy's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Auto Kick AFK Players + Goalie boot option in OTP

better yet, why not a lobby with NO human goalies????
Old 10-24-2011, 10:53 PM   #3
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrockinguy
Because some of them are actually good. Quit if you see someone pick goalie, it's that simple.

But to the OP, I agree. I would like more then just an "Idiot Goalie" Boot though. How about the players that intentionally skate offsides so that you can't go into the zone? Or the ones who take penalties on purpose so your constantly a man down?

I'd like that.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 10-28-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
Just played some of the most infuriating OTP games tonight. Why EA doesn't let you kick goalies is beyond me. I'm sick of having stupid human controlled goalies screwing you and your team over by letting in weak goals. Why can we kick goalies in FIFA 12 but not in NHL 12? It's the exact same concept. A human goalie defending a net. But yet, here we are 4 years into the OTP/ EASHL era, and we have YET to have a goalie boot option in this game? What a joke. What's are the NHL dev's afraid of? Hurting everyone's feelings? Booting goalies before they even get a chance to play? If you're afraid of that, then have it so that it they can't be booted before they let two goals in. It's just boggles my mind why they don't have something like this, especially for OTP games.

---------------

Also in FIFA 12, why is it, when a guy is AFK, the CPU controls him after 30 seconds, then after another 30'ish seconds, the human player gets auto booted? But in NHL 12, the human player can literally stand on the ice for the full 60 mins of in game time, and not get booted or replaced by CPU A.I? I've had numerous times where a human defencemen will just stand there, and the other team has countless break aways or odd man rushes.....

Honestly?! I've been playing FIFA 12 10x more than NHL 12 just from these little reasons alone. NHL dev's will add pointless games modes and things that aren't needed, but they won't add necessary things for online play that the FIFA franchise has had for years, into their own game. Pathetic.
Good point, less that fact that you're just singling out goalies. I see more idiot players every day than idiot goalies. I seldom run into those, they usually ragequit after one goal, but troll players, oh my. A kick function would suffice, except let it be a vote. I hate noob captains in FIFA who kick you after letting in a goal. *******es who do that.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:49 AM   #5
Banned

oldrockinguy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Because some of them are actually good. Quit if you see someone pick goalie, it's that simple.

But to the OP, I agree. I would like more then just an "Idiot Goalie" Boot though. How about the players that intentionally skate offsides so that you can't go into the zone? Or the ones who take penalties on purpose so your constantly a man down?

I'd like that.

Just kick all stupid people, I would be happy with that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I would support some sort of kick option. Played with an idiot goalie last night that did whatever he could to sabotage the game. He would skate to the blue line (to get an unsportsmanlike conduct), draw fights, and intentionally turn sideways in the crease (to give the opposing team a clear shooting lane). As a defender, I blocked more shots than the goalie did. I'm not one that likes to quit any game, but that guy certainly pushed me to the edge.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:26 PM   #7
Banned

mondoguitar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrockinguy
How about a "Boot Defensemen" option for cherry picking D's or D men who lead rushes up the ice CAUSING goals. How about a boot option for the wingers who are constantly tapping for the puck!

I'm a Legend 3 Centre, a Legend 1 goalie, and if our OTP team gets dominated with 7mins attack time in the 1st period, sorry, but that's not my fault, and I'm not getting the boot for that!

Quit blaming the goalies! I agree if they are abusing the game by wondering all over the ice, something should kick in and remove them, but if they are playing legit and have a bad team in front of them, tough luck. I'm tired of getting blamed for letting in breakaways, 2 on 0's, 2 on 1's... skaters need to look at themselves in the mirror!

Have a 5vs5 drop-in (no goalies) have a 6vs6 drop-in (for goalies) problem solved.

You can't boot anyone from the game if they are doing their best and playing legit. If they are being abusive and taking 4-5 penalties a game, that's different. Booting them after two goals though is insulting! I'd like to boot several defensemen I've played with then if that's the case!

Enough with the goalie hating FFS, some players are way better than the CPU and take the game seriously! I was an all-star goalie last month, I have an ..868 sv% in club (which is better than a CPU goalie), and a 2.22 GAA. If I got booted from an OTP game, I'd be ranting like you wouldn't believe.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #8
Banned

mondoguitar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley79
I would support some sort of kick option. Played with an idiot goalie last night that did whatever he could to sabotage the game. He would skate to the blue line (to get an unsportsmanlike conduct), draw fights, and intentionally turn sideways in the crease (to give the opposing team a clear shooting lane). As a defender, I blocked more shots than the goalie did. I'm not one that likes to quit any game, but that guy certainly pushed me to the edge.
You can only fight once per game now as goalie, so how could he draw multiple fights? And even so, CPU players now sit off, not human players. If he's idling, if his positioning gets to be a C (which can only happen if you're being abusive) then they should be booted by servers. I do NOT agree with that option being left up to human skaters who most games don't do THEIR OWN jobs back checking! All they want to do is pad their stats and could care less about the goalie (in general)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »