Home

Franchise Stats are still incredibly broken - not just QB

This is a discussion on Franchise Stats are still incredibly broken - not just QB within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-21-2011, 12:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Franchise Stats are still incredibly broken - not just QB

First, let me say that EA did a nicer job with tackles this year. At least the total numbers seem accurate - although 3-4 olb's get about 20 or so too many but that's nit picking and I can live with it. However, the following are game breakers in my opinion and whats worse is that some of them have been in the game for more than one year:

QB stats: We all know about these so I won't touch on them too much. It's like the curve of passer rating is shifted down about 5-10 points. The league leader usually has around a 95 while in real life it's closer to a 105. The reason for this is unrealistically completion percentages which in turn result in lower than normal YPA, both stats are big factors in the passer rating formula. Also running yards for QB's could be touched up on a bit - that is more of a nit picky thing though.

HB Receptions: This one isn't huge but running backs aren't as involved in sim games in madden as they are in real life. Also the sim engine doesn't take who the 3rd down back is into account at all while simming. Not huge.

3-4 DE / 4-3 OLB Sacks: These guys aren't sack getters but they should be able to get more than 1 in a whole season. Especially guys like Justin Smith or Darnell Dockett or players like Kam Wimbley who play OLB on teams like Oakland who are technically a 4-3. I don't remember this being broken last year so I'm a little disappointed that it is now.

FS Tackles: This was broken last year and I am very unhappy to see it still broken. They, to some extent, addressed corner tackles - it could still be tweaked (as could SS tackles) but it is manageable. However, FS stats are DISGUSTING. Explain to me how not one starting free safety in the NFL finishes with more than 25 tackles. That's less than 2 tackles a game..... C'mon

These aren't even deep analysis stats to be completely honest. To have starting players ending seasons with less than 20 tackles or 0 sacks is very broken and hard to get pass. This isn't like they don't have the right number of forced fumbles for 4-3 ILB or something, I think these are pretty noticeable and important stats. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 12:22 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Franchise Stats are still incredibly broken - not just QB

I totally agree. I for one am into simulating seasons and seeing how they turn out as opposed to actually playing the games. With these sorts of highly unrealistic stats, it makes it hard for me to enjoy the games. I can't even go back to older Madden's to do it because for some reason the logic in those games is fried. Most QB's throw for 15+ INTs on last-gen games.

Another passing stat that is off that NEEDS to be changed is the yards. Around 10 QBs per season reach 4,000 yards, not one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »