Home

Have you found yourself editing a player?

This is a discussion on Have you found yourself editing a player? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #1
TheSaints7

OVR:
Have you found yourself editing a player?

I am considering it because I was watching highlights of Superbowl 45 between Green Bay and Pittsburgh and as you all may know Nick Collins picked off Big Ben and returned it for a TD. Well we saw the agility, movement and speed made by Collins there so next time I go on Madden I might change Collins speed ects. I have had interceptions by Nick before but he isn't as fast or agile as he is in real life. This could be taken into account for alot of players too.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Have you found yourself editing a player?

I edit all the time; I try to refrain from editing draft picks or udfa's though.

In particular, I boosted some of Dez Bryant's ratings to make him tough to tackle, and increased Witten's speed to 80.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Rarely, but yes when needed. I just started a new Vikings chise and I'm bumping up Ponder's THP from 85 to 88. His arm is at least as strong as Drew Brees.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
Rookie

Wenkinator's Arena

OVR: 4

I edit UDFA that are kept around. In my franchise a lot of teams are rolling with 43 overall QBs as the back ups so I edit them up into the 60s or so. I'll also edit the CBs or RBs that make a team to make them actually worth something in the speed category.

As for actual players... Yeah. I've edited Dez Bryant. I felt like he needed to be much harder to tackle. I also increased Sean Lee, decreased Brooking, and James, increased Scandrick, decreased Spears, increased Hatcher.

I have also arranged ratings for other players off of the Cowboys team that I thought deserved boosts and to help it look like the player had a "breakout year".
Old 10-19-2011, 06:36 PM   #5
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
I'm constantly editing players. I know I've edited a lot of the UDFAs that make the roster to get them to respectable levels. Some I even make like 88 90 to get them A or B. Potential then edit them back down. I never understood the outrage personally.

Also since the patch I took damn JR. off Megatron's name and edited up Staff-9 to about an 86 87
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I only edit when I change their positions. If their over all drops then I add it up every week like they progress, until they are back at their original overall at the start of that season. Tebow was a 79 in year 2, made him WR, slowly took him to 79, next year he was an 80, made him TE he was 85, kept it.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

I do full Roster editing before I start a franshise. There is always attributes on most of the players in the league I feel should be tweaked either up or down..
Old 10-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #8
Rookie

xElway7x's Arena

OVR: 0

I edited Knowshon Moreno's speed after "The Ratings Czar" decided he should lose speed because he got hurt in the first game against the Raiders. Looked fast and powerful against SD when he took that screen to the house. Mainly I edit players when the man responsible for the roster updates makes a questionable boost or decrease.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »