Home

what happened to the live ball

This is a discussion on what happened to the live ball within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-19-2011, 06:44 AM   #1
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
what happened to the live ball

Too many times, someone can just pound turbo with LeBron and Wade, with total impunity. I thought bumps while guys were sprinting were supposed to cause loss of control of the rock, all I am seeing is animations that shrug off the defender and either a cause seperation for an open shot, ot have them awkwardly move to the hoop for a lay in in traffic. I accept that lebron and wade are gonna make more shots in traffic, but if you cut them off on the way to the basket, you should be rewarded, not punished by having your defender fall away after contact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 08:18 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: what happened to the live ball

Im seeing this some to.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:23 AM   #3
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

Live ball was a gimmick, not properly working. I have lost the ball with derrick rose many times but big men do the same moves and never lose the ball LoL.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

It's horrible that the heat have this artificial boost. I tested it last night against a scrubby guy on my friends list. We played 2 games, I had the hawks, he had the grizzlies, I won by 30. Him playing te exact same way just constant turbo, takes the heat and I take the grizzlies I lose by 2. The difference, when I cut off conley mayo or gay they don't muscle through the defender, for a tough shot in traffic that drops, nor do the throw the defender backward then pop the jumper after what was excellent defense, turned into a wide open mid range jumper. This happens with lebron and wade. It's bad when you know where they are going, bet them to the spot play the best defense possible and it flat out doesn't matter.

I think what should be added in a tuner or patch is a better reward for successful cutoffs. Make the driver pick up his dribble or lose control of the ball

On a funny note my phone auto corrected tuner, to tuberculosis.

Last edited by ManiacMatt1782; 10-19-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:54 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Lebron and Kobe are the only two players they will allow to turbo from one end of the court to the other with defenders bouncing off of them. the only way to stop it is to call for double team with the guy on your squad who has the highest defensive awareness. trying to play full court onball d and stop them 1 on 1 is damn near impossible unless you got an elite defender like rondo and some onball stick skills.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

Would this have to do with the Hands rating maybe? Think Wade and Bron have pretty high hands ratings.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:01 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
It's horrible that the heat have this artificial boost. I tested it last night against a scrubby guy on my friends list. We played 2 games, I had the hawks, he had the grizzlies, I won by 30. Him playing te exact same way just constant turbo, takes the heat and I take the grizzlies I lose by 2. The difference, when I cut off conley mayo or gay they don't muscle through the defender, for a tough shot in traffic that drops, nor do the throw the defender backward then pop the jumper after what was excellent defense, turned into a wide open mid range jumper. This happens with lebron and wade. It's bad when you know where they are going, bet them to the spot play the best defense possible and it flat out doesn't matter.

I think what should be added in a tuner or patch is a better reward for successful cutoffs. Make the driver pick up his dribble or lose control of the ball

On a funny note my phone auto corrected tuner, to tuberculosis.
Sounds quite a bit like real life if you ask me. Conley, Mayo and Gay don't muscle through defenders in real life. Why would they in 2k12? Lebron and Wade however, do. Lebron and Wade also can create their own open shot better than just about everybody in the NBA. Why is it a problem that 2K actually made players play much closer to their real-life counterparts?
Old 10-19-2011, 10:06 AM   #8
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Do they still have the cutoff moves like last year? I think last year it was LT/L2 & Right analog stick movement.
I havent played this years game too much because I'm angry with basketball as I have to sit out my freshman season due to NCAA eligibility requirements (Not GPA) & the lockout doesnt help at all!

I do know though if they drove and you cut them off by going into their body you could win the battle. Try to be aggressive with them more so than contain them.

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »