Home

Now, do I suck? Or is the CPU just filled with cheese?

This is a discussion on Now, do I suck? Or is the CPU just filled with cheese? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Angry Now, do I suck? Or is the CPU just filled with cheese?

I've never seen this from a CPU at ALL...maybe from some players I've encountered online, but never from a CPU like this...

Every single shot is an A+. Damn near every single one. There was an instance where I was up by 3 in Overtime and Kevin Martin literally ran from midrange to the 3 point line, turned around, chucked up a 3 with my hand in his face, it read as a D+ shot and it went in. Meanwhile, A+ shots I throw up with Jason Terry in his hotspot continue to clank.

There have been instances where Matt Barnes lit me up with 6 threes in one half...and went 10-12 from beyond the arch at the end of the game. And keep in mind I hit him with PLENTY of double teams, play tights and on-ball D after that third three pointer he hit.

I've encountered MANY cherry picks from the CPU. Of course, if I was playing Miami, I would be cool with it...that's expected...but to see it in the Bill Russell game, many other classic games, is VERY annoying...

Almost EVERY SINGLE TIME I am facing the CPU with on-ball defense, it either turns to three scenarios: 1). I play on-ball D and the CPU runs the clock completely out by dribbling and then tries to shot glitch (and I don't mean just one single pump fake), 2). I let the CPU play defense and they jump with EVERY single hesitation which gives an automatic foul to the opposing team, or 3). I use the right stick to do hands up defense without jumping at all, follow them COMPLETELY with every dribble, and yet they still throw a shot right over me, the screen reads B+ shot and it just drops in the net.

Plenty of cherrypicks, a BUNCH of three pointers, shot glitches from midrange and an ABUNDANCE of fakes from EVERY SINGLE PERSON that enters the post?

Is this just me, or has anyone else been having this? And this is not only on Hall of Fame/Sim...hell, even Hall of Fame Default, which is what I play on the majority of the time...I've seen this stupidity on PRO and ALL STAR. This is just annoying.

I haven't had much of a problem playing any friends of mine, but when it's one-on-one with the CPU and this crap happens, it really just makes me want to stay online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #2

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Now, do I suck? Or is the CPU just filled with cheese?

Yea the cherry picking by the cpu is a little ridiculous. If your a guard and you play my player you better get back once the shot goes up on offense.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
Rookie

Ricanlegend's Arena

OVR: 0

It sounds like its you , Try playing on rookie on simulation slider and if you blow them out move on to the level which is pro on simulation if you blow them out again keep moving up until you find a level where the cpu gives you a close game
Old 10-18-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricanlegend
It sounds like its you , Try playing on rookie on simulation slider and if you blow them out move on to the level which is pro on simulation if you blow them out again keep moving up until you find a level where the cpu gives you a close game
I've played Rookie/Sim to see if I was crazy, and I don't like winning by 20 every game.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Ricanlegend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymannemcee
I've played Rookie/Sim to see if I was crazy, and I don't like winning by 20 every game.
So move on to the next level which is pro on simulation and let us know how was the game in this level
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
PAUSE!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 10-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

You dont suck. I've had the same experience with out of character behavior from the cpu. You have to change those sliders or adjust some tendencies.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:44 PM   #8
Rookie

madden316's Arena

OVR: 6

No it's not just you, the comp LOVE to cheese on most of the settings which makes the experience drudgery.

I heard the best settings to play on is Pro and default.
I hate when people say "LOL" Ok you was just about to say what I said, it might have been funny to you but I know it didn't make you "LAUGH OUT LOUD". IDK maybe Im just sick of people using it at the end of EVERY sentence.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »